Mapping NZ dive locations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sail-fish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All,

I decided to do something about this beginners feeling of not knowing where all the dive spots are so decided to build a dive site which maps all the dive sites in nz. The only problem I face is the one before I started and thats not knowing where the sites are in the first place!! My fiancée knows a few and has put them up. You can upload as many photos as you want for each site which is cool. I'll be adding video to the sites soon as well. There are support forums as well, so feedback is welcome and ideas or bugs (there are a couple that I need to fix: display ones that is). Another side to the site is that it holds dive logs. Being a computer person I hated from day one having to fill out the manual dive log book so thought id put my dive logs online. I put this into the site so anyone can do it. If everyone puts up one site each then that would save me driving all over nz. I've made it so you can rate them as well. For those that want to use it outside nz, feel free it will work for you but I planned it for beginners in nz. site is www.octidive.co.nz . Sites like kapiti island where seals swim with you are awesome. I highly recommend that one.

hopefully see some new sites soon :D

cheers

mike

d'oh didnt see that site. I guess one of the main points to the one i built is tying up your photos to your dive logs. I run nz's largest online 4wd community so have a little experience in such sites. I'll add the video up tonight on to the sites which hopefully should give that advantage over the others.

A good community site should have the following in my opinion:

site locations mapped
photos on the locations
videos on the locations
ratings by the users
dive logs, personal and public
support forums.
user photo galleries (soon to come)
buddy lists with buddy updates. (soon to come)
bio warnings from bio security nz (soon to come)
Hoefully that should make this site a tool for nz divers.

But if the user base is not there its all in vein ;-) But you know what they say, good things take time :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom