Can you name that reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sibermike7

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Greetings fellow SBers. I received these 1st stages last week in the mail as part of a "package". The seller believes one is a Sherwood Blizzard but had no idea what the other one is.

If the one [Reg A] is a Blizzard, it looks in awesome shape. There is hardly a scratch on it. I believe that it was dived but that it wasn't dived much.

2009_0625(004).jpg Reg A

It has 1 HP port and 5 LPs. Patent number (I did an internet searched and it seems to indicate that it is indeed a Sherwood reg., but not much more info was forthcoming) 4226 257. Right after the patent # is written MADE IN USA. It is 4" - 4 [superscript]1/8[/superscript]" long.

Reg B looks like it might have been a rental because of the number engraved on it. It is a little rougher. @ 3 1/2" long and has 2 HP ports and 4 LP ports on the turret.

2009_0625(002).jpg Reg B

If you can identify them, are they worth anything?

"A" does appear to be a Sherwood. If there is one port that is either plugged with a rubber plug or a odd looking metal plug with a rubber skirt it is a Sherwood. All SW first stages of that vintage are pretty much the same so it would be fine to rebuild and use. By the way, if it is a SW it should have a slight leak around that odd looking plug. If it does not leak slightly it needs servicing.

"B" looks like a Scubapro MK-5 clone, lot of them around. Fine regs but not worth a lot. No reason not the rebuild it and dive it.

I agree. A is definitely a Sherwood. It also looks like it has an Over Pressure valve on it, so I would guess it was used as an argon reg. All the Sherwoods are identical from the outside. In order to tell which exact model you have, you have to take off the DIN adapter, and pry out the HP orifice. If it has 5 little cup washers it is a magnum. If it has 4, it's a blizzard, and if it doesn't have any, then it's a Brut.

The second one does look like a Mk-5, although I don't think I've ever seen a SP with that yoke handwheel. I have no personal experience with these regs.

B looks like an old Oceanic I had. I have no way to identify the yoke nut to rule out it being a Tekna as Tekna, Oceanic and Seapro all had round plastic yoke nuts. Mine had a SP wing nut yoke to hide it being an impostor.

I think bj is right, it's a Tekna 1st.
It is quite sure the Tekna T-2100 or T2100BX.
The Sherwood 1st seems to be a SRB3205 1st Stage from the late 80's......

Attachments

• Tekna T-2100 Regulator.pdf
    598.7 KB · Views: 71
My guess on B is an Oceanic they made a MK5 clone and it had a hand wheel like that and I never saw any markings on one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom