Old Oceanic Omega and Nitrox?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sintax604

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi gang,

I dive an old (approx. 15-20 years old) Oceanic reg which as far as I can tell is an Omega or at least Omega style. The second stage is red and it looks like a little shower head.

I'm thinking about doing the nitrox cert and it occurred to me that a reg that old may not be happy with the extra O2. The reg has been shop serviced regularly. Can anyone confirm/deny the nitroxability of old regs like this?

Many thanks.

All Oceanic regs are good to 40% if regular service has been done. Frankly most any reg is. The extra O2 of EAN up to 36% will have little if any effect. Only if you were using if for a deco reg of 80-100% would I make sure all the orings used are O2 compatible and use O2 compatible lube. So no worries man. Go for it.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear! Many thanks for the quick and (hopefully) accurate response! :wink:

Hi ho, hi ho, to nitrox I shall go!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom