Strongest prescription mask rental on Maui?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FengShui

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anybody know of a place on Maui that has prescription masks for rental in excess of -10 diopters? My brother in law is going to be trying snorkeling when we go next week, but the most powerful masks I've found for rental so far is -10 from Snorkel Bob. Does anybody know of a place that has masks in the -11 to -12 range?

We'll use the -10 if we have to, but something that fits correctly would be better. We tried to get contacts for him, but the ones he needs are backordered for a month.

--Ted

FengShui once bubbled...
Does anybody know of a place on Maui that has prescription masks for rental in excess of -10 diopters? My brother in law is going to be trying snorkeling when we go next week, but the most powerful masks I've found for rental so far is -10 from Snorkel Bob. Does anybody know of a place that has masks in the -11 to -12 range?

We'll use the -10 if we have to, but something that fits correctly would be better. We tried to get contacts for him, but the ones he needs are backordered for a month.

--Ted

Although I don't know of any shop that rents prescription goggles (there, or anywhere), you can have a set of inserts send from leisure-pro.com that might work out for you. They can be inserted into any mask. They are called DiveOptx

Try calling some of these shops:
Maui Dreams Dive Co. in Kihei 808-874-3421
B&B Scuba in Kihei 808-875-2861
Maui dive Shop in Kihei 808-879-3388
Pacific Dive in Lahaina 808-667-5331
Lahaina Divers in Lahaina 808-667-7496
Scuba Shack in Kihei 808-879-3483
:shades:

detroit diver once bubbled...

Although I don't know of any shop that rents prescription goggles (there, or anywhere), you can have a set of inserts send from leisure-pro.com that might work out for you. They can be inserted into any mask. They are called DiveOptx

Most shops in Maui rent them, they're just not powerful enough for a perfect fit. I've called Maui Dive Shop, but I'll try some of the other numbers listed above. Thanks.

DiveOptx only go up to 3 diopters, so while it's a good idea, they're not nearly powerful enough.

--Ted

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom