Seal Attack Video Catalina Island California Last Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chett L

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
A friend of mine that I use to work in the summer years ago on a sport fishing in Malibu California, told me today that this past weekend, a White Shark eat a Seal right next to the boat that he was currently working on called the Truline. This happen at Catalina Island West End backside. There are a few more videos; I will post them as them become available.

YouTube - Shark Attack Truline Sportfishing

Best regards,
Chett. L

I know divers who have seen such attacks on the windward side and we occasionally see live and dead sea lions with bite marks, some very severe.

A friend of mine that I use to work in the summer years ago on a sport fishing in Malibu California, told me today that this past weekend, a White Shark eat a Seal right next to the boat that he was currently working on called the Truline. This happen at Catalina Island West End backside. There are a few more videos; I will post them as them become available.

YouTube - Shark Attack Truline Sportfishing

Best regards,
Chett. L

New Video.

YouTube - Truline Shark Attacks Seal

Wow...I'm heading to Huntington Beach to do two weeks of diving with my best friend, who is an instructor there, and we're planning to dive Catalina one day. Should be fun!

In 41 years of diving Catalina, I have never seen a GWS underwater. While diving as Wyland's buddy three summers ago, he saw a 14 footer swim past us but I had my eye to my camcorder's viewfinder filming giant sea bass which was the reason he buddied up with me.

I don't think you need to worry about diving here, DoogaDiver.

I just made a different Thread regarding that video, but after I posted it, I saw this thread at the bottom of this page, sorry for double posting. But that second part of the video just do not seem right at all to me. This is what I said in my other post.

"I was in a local Scuba Shop today and a guy inside the shop told me about the video of a scuba diver who filmed a Shark eating a Seal. He told me to search for it on Youtube. I just finished watching the video, but when I watched Part 2 of the video, it looked VERY SUSPICIOUS to me. I may be wrong, but the Seals behavior was not Normal at all, while a shark is attempting to eat it, and you can see something tied around the seals neck, with maybe a fishing line to it so the seal can not swim away. It seem as if the seal could have been tied to something anchored to the bottom of the ocean? Also notice the slices of bait on the deck of the boat, as if they had been feeding the seals with the bait. I think they claimed to have been diving in that same area before the shark attack. It almost seems to me that they used those perfectly sliced strips of fish to lure the seal close to them and then they tied up the seal im guessing???????"

Back
Top Bottom