25 x 2 DIN valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quero

Will be missed
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Can somebody clue me in to what this is? I have a request from a pair of divers for tanks with this sort of valve: DIN 25 x 2. I would like to be able to answer, but I am lost as to what this refers to. We have tanks with DIN valves, but I thought they were "universal," and in fact everybody who has come here to dive needing DIN valves has had no trouble with them. These divers are from Greece, if that helps at all.

Europeans and the English utilise that neck thread where the external valve thead diameter is 24 mm approx with no burst disc called M25.
Aussies and Yanks use a valve that is 26 mm and call it 3/4.
DIN hole is the same.
Can be ugly. Smart huh?
Faber makes them all.

Last edited:
The EU introduced a 26x2 standard a couple of years ago for EAN or O2

Anyway good news is your usual DIN tanks should be fine

Anyway good news is your usual DIN tanks should be fine
You really think so? :confused: These divers want Nitrox in big tanks (15 liter), and they specifically asked for the 25 x 2, so I know they must be worried their regs won't fit. I would hate for them to be on the boat with a half dozen tanks they couldn't hook up to.

I'd like a whole mass of reassurance, if those of you in the know can provide it :blind:

You really think so? :confused: These divers want Nitrox in big tanks (15 liter), and they specifically asked for the 25 x 2, so I know they must be worried their regs won't fit. I would hate for them to be on the boat with a half dozen tanks they couldn't hook up to.

I'd like a whole mass of reassurance, if those of you in the know can provide it :blind:

If you have standard 200 or 300 bar 5/8" BSP "DIN" fittings like we all use you'll be fine. That's what they want.

The EU came up with a dumb "DIN26" fitting a few years ago. Its supposedly dedicated to nitrox use - it superficially looks like a 5/8" DIN but its slightly oversized to segregate air from nitrox. I don't think its really taken off, probably still in the phase in period and seems to be targeting commercial divers not recreational divers anyway. Its hard to tell as I'm in Seattle, WA, USA not the EU.

Regardless by asking for "DIN25" I am pretty sure they want the old DIN threads that the rest of the world knows and loves. Technically its not DIN25 but it seems to be common slang for the old size which in the EU is supposedly only for air now.

It is 26x2 not 25x2

It is 26x2 not 25x2

I read that Quero's customers wanted two "DIN25" tanks but maybe that's not what they meant. 25mm and 5/8" BSP are close to the same ruler dimensions.

They specifically asked for 25 x 2. One of them is a tech instructor in Greece, so I don't think he misspoke.

We don't assign these numerical tags to the name... we just call 'em DIN, plain and simple. Maybe it's because we can't buy tanks rated to 300 bar pressure (let's see... that would be close to 4500 psi, roughly), so we don't use the 7-thread valves at all, and we haven't adopted the new EU standard for enriched air tanks, so we don't have more than one kind of DIN to refer to.

I'm tending to agree with rjack321 here that they are looking for the "traditional" DIN valves, specifically because they have asked for Nitrox and want to make sure we don't have the new valves on our tanks. The fog is lifting, guys, and I really appreciate the fog lights you've shone on the landscape for me! I've got to find them 22 tanks, and I want them to be the right tanks!

It is 26x2 not 25x2

As has been mentioned, the EU has both now. M25 is the 'normal' fitting, before the EAN M26 fitting was introduced

We're talking about the reg fitting not the tank neck. What are they going to do, bring their own tank valves to put on Quero's tanks?

I think their concern is that Quero might follow EU rules and have M26 tank valves for EAN, in which case their 'standard' M25 regs wouldn't fit

Here's an EU spec M26 EAN reg: Apeks Products

Back
Top Bottom