Payar island pics - no fish butt this time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lanun

Contributor
Reaction score
this was from today's dive. it's at the house reef.

i noticed the fish playing with bubbles. reminded me of the yellow tang in finding nemo :D

The first one, Progressions, is great! The progression from light to dardk and back is wonderful. It's a little soft on fucus but it still has a great impact, what was the aperture? Opened up a step or two to increase the depth of field would have sharpened that focus.

flash off, F2.3 (shot in P mode so). one of these days i will remember enough about how to work the settings. oh well.

the dive had a lot more photo op. we were mostly at 2-7Meters. many schools of juvie reef fish, nice coral heads, interesting light play, but i pretty much had to bail on 'em - i was paired with a 'same ocean' buddy who on one occasion wandered into an underwater construction zone :eek:

f2.3 isn't that bad but Program mode notoriously give you slow exposure times (shutter speed). With a faster ET you would have frozen the action and been in focus and at the same time gotten a litle darker background.

Venture out into Aperture mode and play around there. It's well and good to read, study and see the exposure info on posted photos. But when you actually do it and see the results of what apewrture and ET works together and what doesn't, it's sticks in your memory alot faster!

Back
Top Bottom