TDI Advanced Nitrox Exam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

craig chamberlain

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi
I will be doing my tdi advanced nitrox course in two weeks in egypt. as i am only 16 i will just be doing the advanced nitrox course. i am already padi eanx qualified. i was just wondering if the adv nitrox exam is mulipul choice, how many questions threre is (about). Also what is the minimum correct answers to pass? Also if you could give me an example kind of question in the exam that would be great. i would really appreciate your help.

Craig Thomas Chamberlain

It's just like the nitrox course, with more emphasis on toxicity.

TDI advanced nitrox is a tech course. If you are looking to move into tech diving, you do need to know your stuff.

There is more detail on oxygen toxicity in the course. Also, you will need to compute equivalent air depth, max operating depths, best mix, etc that are not really covered by Padi.

In the manual there are knowledge review questions at the end of each chapter. These are similar to the test, so you will know what to expect. The test was not multiple choice, but was quite short (I think I did both Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures in 30 mins). Study the manual and work through the theory with the instructor. You will be fine.

See if you can take this with Deco Procedures, otherwise the certification is pretty pointless.

ok, thanks. i know i cannot take it with deco procedures becus i am 16. can any1 please give me an example of a question on the exam. i understand that they are not multipal choice. about how many questions is there?

There are as many questions as the instructor wants there to be.

As far as the "minimum number of questions you can get wrong", I would suggest if you got more than one or two incorrect you are not ready to dive 100%.

But if you take the class seriously you will not have any problem with the test.

When I took the course a few months ago, the exams for Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures were both open book, which makes sense considering that you should have the formulas, tables, and other necessary information available when planning dives later on. Instead of looking at the exams like tests that you might take in school, I would consider them to be more like the knowledge reviews you took during open water certification. Enjoy the course!!!

Incidentally, why take AENX without DP?

I understand you aren't old enough for the latter, but why not wait to tske them together? The real advantage of hot mixes is the acceleration of deco. Not many people out there are using >40% as bottom mix.

Easy and open book exam. Learn and understand the theory and you will have no issues. The instructor will go through the exam with you, so ask your questions if you are unclear. I know the pass rate for other agencies is around 80%, not sure about TDI but you should target to get 100%!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom