My experience with Team W.A.T.E.R. in PCB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KY_BOB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently took a trip to Panama City to take a Deco procedures course under Michael Lawson, the owner of Team WATER. I would like to give kudos to him for being very flexible and working with me as far as times and dates. He was also a great instructor.

He's very comprehensive in his drills but not like a drill instructor in basic training. If you perform a skill that is not up to snuff, he calmly discusses it with you after the dive and has you repeat it.

I feel that I got a great education and actually had fun doing it. He teaches both recreational and technical courses. If your looking for any level of instruction in the PCB area, it would be worth talking to Michael.

Here is his new website: (BTW, the "Bob" in his photos is me :D )

Team W.A.T.E.R. :: Home

I would also lake to thank the people of Divers Den, both in the shop and on their boat. We were treated like kings.

I look forward to diving with both Michael and Divers Den in the future.

Bob

Bob:

I appreciate the post. It is always helpful as an instructor to be critiqued by my students. It keeps me abreast and aware of my shortcomings, and gives me the information I need to become a better instructor. It is always encouraging to receive comments, like yours.

I appreciate you taking the time to find me and appreciate your attentiveness and dedication to the Decompression Procedures course. The course is skill intensive and as you found out, the skills take a lot of practice to be comfortable with them. You did extremely well!

I look forward to diving with you in the future and want to extend a "welcome" to the Team W.A.T.E.R., Team and family.

The Team W.A.T.E.R. website is located at www.teamwaterscuba.com.

Again, thank you.

Michael W. Lawson
Team W.A.T.E.R.
850-624-5825

H:

The short answer to your question is YES. We must exceed 100fsw for the checkout dives.

Michael

I asked because many of the folks in the area that teach the course require an Into Cave cert, which is what you would need to hit 100ft in any of the Springs in the area.

I'm interested in the course, but I have a dive vacation to pay for first :wink: once my money recharges, I'll send you a PM .

H:

I feel very advantaged that I have associated myself with the right people in PCB and I have the ability to get my students to the deeper dive sites, in the Gulf. Sites like "Stage 1", "Bridge Span 8", "Gray Ghost", etc. We are even planning trips to the "Empire Mica", this year. Panama City is ranked #2 in wreck diving, led only by the Florida Keys.

I look forward to the opportunity to assisting you in advancing your dive training and education.

Dive safe!

Michael

Back
Top Bottom