Recommendations on full length wet suits with "convenience" zipper in front?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KellyAsh

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I was wondering if there were any wet suits out there that have a zipper in the front for dudes to pee out of? I've looked around on the internet and haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. What I have seen are models where the zipper comes down to about belt height, which doesn't seem adequate for worry free peeing. I'm looking for one that has a zipper specifically for easy access. Thanks for your input.

PM sent. Thank you!

ScubaBB, commercial links aren't prohibited with as many posts as you have. I think they are frowned upon as "spam" but if you're answering a question and have a post history I don't believe there is any rule against them. If there is, a lot of us are breaking that rule daily.

To answer the OP's question, I don't know of any "off the rack" wetsuits that have "pee zippers" but there are a lot of "front zip" suits that would probably be sufficient. Conversely, you can just buy a suit you like and have a zipper installed.

Yeah. I've never figured out why the heck they put the zipper in the back in the first place.

I believe having a zipper installed is fairly expensive. There also is a problem if you're talking 2 piece farmer johns.

Yeah. I've never figured out why the heck they put the zipper in the back in the first place.
Because originally surfing was more popular, probably.

It's actually because everyone knows that there are two kinds of divers. those who pee in their suits and those who say they do not. Most of them are liars. I have seen a couple people literally run with gear to the john to pee. I refuse to be in pain like that.

... I have seen a couple people literally run with gear to the john to pee. I refuse to be in pain like that.
Are you SURE that is all they had to so? If so, how do you know? Never mind, don't answer that...

Back
Top Bottom