Where to dive near Puerta Vallarta?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randazzle

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just got open-water certified last August and have my first opportunity to use it. I'm going to Puerto Vallarta for business and will have a day free while I'm there to do some diving. Does anybody know a good PADI-certified outfit that has good excursions for a day? A lot of companies pop up on Google. Thought I'd check here and see if anybody has experience with a company that offers a good diving experience. Let me know as soon as possible, as I'll be diving on April 20.

I just got open-water certified last August and have my first opportunity to use it. I'm going to Puerto Vallarta for business and will have a day free while I'm there to do some diving. Does anybody know a good PADI-certified outfit that has good excursions for a day? A lot of companies pop up on Google. Thought I'd check here and see if anybody has experience with a company that offers a good diving experience. Let me know as soon as possible, as I'll be diving on April 20.

Where are you staying in Puerto Vallarta? If you are closer to the Marina there are a couple of options, Vallarta Undersea and PV Scuba. I have used Vallarta Undersea a number of times and have always been pleased. They take out smaller groups, which I prefer. Like many shops in the area they are "full service" in that they will set up and tear down gear, a dive guide is provided and water/soda and a sandwich on the ride back in to the marina.

If you are staying downtown there are a few more options. I don't have any experience with any of these shops. Many (not all) of the boats leaving the downtown area cater to larger groups and may include divers and snorkelers. If you have a preference on boat size, amenities (most don't have restrooms) or what is included (snack/water, etc) definitely ask.

I don't know where you were certified, but the typical sites in Puerto Vallarta viz can range from poor to decent depending on season and recent weather.

Do let us know who you choose and how the experience was.

I've done some dives with Vallarta Adventures and have no problem recommending them if you're looking for a "full day" excursion...part of your day will be diving, the other part pretty much eating and drinking. Big boat, lots of people, some divers, most not. Very well run, great DM's and fun if you want to combine diving with a bit of a party. If you don't want the party boat thing, they're not your guys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom