Aqua Lung Mikron Regulator Feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ouvea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi Guys:

Currently, I'm finding more opportunities to travel and would like to dive while away. My US Divers Micra has served me well for the past ten years but the SEA/Coustea first stage is one heck of a brick that weighs a ton. The Aqua Lung Mikron looks like a very attractive package, since the second stage is as compact as the Micra second stage yet has a feathery light first stage.

Can anyone compare the performance of these two regulators? I've owned several high end Mares regulators an Oceanic Delta IV and tried the Atomic Z1. My little Micra always came out way ahead and had the easiest air delivery.

Thanks,
Claude

I have been using a Mikron for about a year now and love it. I am a smaller woman so the size is great and it is lightweight for travel. I would not hesitate to recommend this reg at all. It is an easy breather though I do notice I slight change when fully verticle.

My wife had her Micron for 12 years, not a problem....she's had the Mikron now for 4.....loves it, from Thailand to west coast cold (46 degrees) to glacier lakes not an issue. Light, travels well ( all miflex hoses) and easy to service.

---------- Post Merged at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:01 PM ----------

My wife had her Micra for 12 years, not a problem....she's had the Mikron now for 4.....loves it, from Thailand to west coast cold (46 degrees) to glacier lakes not an issue. Light, travels well ( all miflex hoses) and easy to service.

If you really like the Micra, just get the Mikron first stage and put your old second stage on it- best of both worlds.

(Ooops, ment to say second stage, not first.. :) )

Last edited:
I believe that the OP said that he wants to get a Micron because of the lighter first stage. The Sea/Cousteau first stage is great and very reliable, but it is heavy. I know of several divemasters who are using Microns almost every day and really like them. My total experience with a Micron is one dive. It was a nice breather, but the bubble interference did bother me. But then, I am quite sensitive to bubble interference, probably more than most. Lately, I have been diving a "new style" Titan LX with a first stage which is identical to the Micron's except that it has an ACD. After 76 dives the reg has been trouble free, however, I could live without the ACD.

The Apeks Flight is very similar too, Small size and High performance, They are a very good alternative to the expensive titanium Regulators.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom