best hoseless dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

misdmnr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Debating on which is the best...so I am here seeking the opinions of all who may be able to...

The computers I am considering:

Oceanic OC1
Oceanic VT 4.1
Suunto D9tx

I do cold water, fresh and salt water diving. I am looking for user friendly as I detest reading manuals...though will suffer through if need be. I dive ENOX whenever possible and like the idea of having a computer that will allow up to 99% nitrox adjustability. I want a high/higher end computer. If there are any newer models out than the ones listed I'm up for those also. Thanks in advance!!!

I'm not super stoked with my d9 over all. My second dive comp. there are a number of thing I miss from my oceanic, though not the bulk :).
The d9 is not user serviceable without special tools, costing me a ton for a battery replacement and went dead with no warning. This is annoying enough to me that I won't buy another comp that I can't take care of easily... Though most if th new stuff I have looked at are fully rechargeable. That presents some other challenges long term though.
I also don't care for how it handles surface intervals. It also has to resync (close) to the transmitter before getting in the Walter.
I do like how it works with my dive software for making pretty logs :).
I also like how it dose a decent safety stop count down automatically, and is low profile to wear in the water. Over all though I would pass on the d9 if I was doing it over.

Never heard of Shearwater...are they a new company? I get a pretty sweet deal through my shop and will have to inquire about pricing from them. If it is not an option which of the others or a diff one would you recommend?

I love my Atom 3 from oceanic. It's small and compact yet has really to use feature. Granted, it took me a good 2 hours to figure it all out, instead of the normal 30 minute. But it's a nice good computer and the box set came with everything. even the tools to replace the battery and the usb cable to upload your dives. And lets not for forget free the video lessons.

I will have to contact the tech divers at the shop and research the shearwater more. I did surf their website. Interesting company. Now I only have to hope our dive shop will get me a great price. Anyone currently use the ones listed on my list at all?

I will have to contact the tech divers at the shop and research the shearwater more. I did surf their website. Interesting company. Now I only have to hope our dive shop will get me a great price. Anyone currently use the ones listed on my list at all?

If you are not diving with a helium mix it's total overkill. In addition, for consideration that you are a female, the computer is huge. Also, look at Liquidvision if you plan diving tec...

http://liquivision.com/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom