Catalina Gear Transport Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadobadoo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can someone please give me some specifics on how the gear transport service works when arriving and leaving Catalina Island via the Express? It's been a few years since I have been to the park.

Where is it located?
Need to call them? Number?
Cost? 8 each way?
Open weekdays? Hours?

Thanks again in advance! I did a search but ...:idk:

I'd call them. 310 510 9599
they are located right at the beginning of the express dock.

I'd call them. 310 510 9599
they are located right at the beginning of the express dock.

Thanks! That's what I needed! :)

---------- Post added ----------

$6 one way, $8 round trip total. Call when done diving and they will get stuff at the dive park and return it to the dock by the boat.
Open 7-7, 7 days a week, number is above.
They are located, "next to the vending machines right where you exit the boat," according to the person I spoke to.

Of course living here, I use the Dr. Bill Mobile to transport my gear to and from the dive park... but I'm not coming from "the Big Island" across the Channel!

couple of things to add.
After you make the call for pick up, it can take a while, maybe 20-30 minutes for them to arrive.
After you make the walk back to the ferry, your gear will be out behind the baggage center in a fenced area.
The guy at the counter will tell you to go pick up your stuff.
Anyone have updates on the lockers? Still .75 per entry and in decent working order?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom