Zeagle Octo + inflator Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

imbeamer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just got a Zeagle Zena that has an Octo plus on it for my wife. It did not come with a LP inflator hose. What kind of inflator hose can I use for this. I know it needs to be a QD but not sure if it is a special one or any QD inflator hose will work.

Thank you in advance.

I just got a Zeagle Zena that has an Octo plus on it for my wife. It did not come with a LP inflator hose. What kind of inflator hose can I use for this. I know it needs to be a QD but not sure if it is a special one or any QD inflator hose will work.

Thank you in advance.

It takes a high flow one. Should have came with it. I just bought a stiletto with octo z and had to swap the hoses on my regulator for power inflator.

From LP

The High-Flow Inflator Hose is 27" (69 cm) in length with 3/8" Threads. The Octo-Z is also equipped with a Threaded Coupling that allows you to attach the end of the BC Corrugated Hose to a Garden Hose for Easy and Effective Rinsing of the BCD's Air Bladder. This feature also allows you to disconnect the Octo-Z for storage with your Primary Regulator. The combining of the Alternate Air Source and Inflator Mechanism also eliminates a Hose and Streamlines your Profile when diving. The Octo-Z comes with a Comprehensive Owner's Manual and is covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the reply. I should have specified I bought this used so did not come with one.

We happen to sell an adapter that converts a standard regulator hose into a Octo+ hose, in the same fashion as the hose we supply with our Octo-Z. The part number for that item is 342-72AP-AA and it can be screwed into any standard 3/8" regulator hose. In essence it is similar to and installed the same as the fitting we use on the Octo-Z hose seen here.

342-72AP-AA is what you want to order from your local dive shop along with an appropriate length regulator hose. The adapter adds about 2" to whatever you screw it into, so if you want to end up with a 27" long hose, you need to buy a 25" long hose.

Edit: I suppose I should elaborate on WHY we have to offer an adapter. The Octo+ was manufactured by Apeks and resold by Zeagle during the 90s through the early 00's (2000's? Whats the right shorthand for that decade anyway?). One of the things we changed about the combination inflator/octopus design when we started making our own was a slightly more universal fitting. Apeks used a unique QD nipple fitting that was only used by one other product, that I know of off the top of my head. This meant that you had to have the hose from Apeks, no substitutions. The Octo-Z, in comparison, uses the same fitting as Sherwood, Atomic, etc because we didn't want to run into that same issue of having an extremely unique fitting.

Soooooo now that Zeagle is no longer offering Apeks products we aren't able to get that hose for customers that need replacements. We have been able to source out an adapter though, so that you can turn a standard regulator hose into an Octo+ hose.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom