June weather in Cozumel (how much rain?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kodym

New
Reaction score
I'm curious about the typical rainy season weather pattern in Cozumel in early June. Statistics show June rainfall totals at 3 times the May and July averages.

Specifically, does anyone know if it rains all day for days at a time, or does the rain come and go throughout the day?

Thanks for any inof from anyone who's been there in June!

Been there in June and early July, similar to Florida. Maybe a brief shower in the afternoon that lasts 5 - 10 minutes. Last year, we didn't move from our chairs as the cool rain felt good...as soon as it came, it went.

Thanks... I assume that it can get pretty muggy, though -

I was there with some friends from the 17th to the 23rd. It only rained twice while I was there. The first night it rained real hard for about 5 minutes, then stopped abruptly. The day we were leaving, you could smell the rain coming, it rained medium hard for a few minutes, and that was it.

(It might have also rained briefly once while we were underwater, but if so it passed without us even knowing)

My friends said that it had rained each of the 3 days before I got there, and that each time it poured buckets, but only for brief periods of time.

Those were my experiences, YMMV.

Wristshot

Well, we've gone to the carribbean once in June, once in July, once in November and once in December. We had a hurricane two of those four times. We're going to Playa del Carmen in July so odds are pretty good there will be a hurricane then. So June looks pretty safe for you - ha!!

29 inches in the last 24 hours. Cozumel is a disaster area, declared by the Mexican Govt. So I guess June is the rainiest month by far.

Dan Kom:
29 inches in the last 24 hours. Cozumel is a disaster area, declared by the Mexican Govt. So I guess June is the rainiest month by far.

I doubt that. The recent rains are the worst in over 30 years, they are far from normal.

Back
Top Bottom