Conshelf fans welcomed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Calvinator

Reaction score
How many models of Conshelves are out there? I've only heard of Conshelf XIV and Conshelf 22. Are there other Conshelf models out there?

I know that there are alot fo them in circulation around here. If they weren't an arm and a leg to service they would be great regs. (they still are though). If they have the env. kit on them though they can skip some years for service of the first stage.

I'm still using a Conshelf XIV(?), built in 1974. Great reg, breathes well, hasn't failed me yet. Rescudiver009 is right about the first stage. I take it in every year for servicing but most times nothing needs to be done with it.

I kick myself for getting rid of my conshelf XIV, best reg I ever had.

I have owned an SE2 for a looooong time ,, recently bought a Legend Lx Supreme... But i still feel guilty using my SE2 as an Octo...(Think im going through some kind of withdrawl. )I get it serviced once every year ,, i dont care what it costs..Wonderful work horse no nonsense regulator

I have used a US Divers SE3 regulator for several years. The first stage is almost identical to that of my Conshelf XII. The SE3 costs about $75 to service, which includes the octo and guages. There is no reason for me to switch regulators.

After a rebuild, I plan to use the XII in cold water.

Are there any photos on the web for the abovesaid models? Just being very curious of how the look and perform like. Is the Lengend LX performing better than the Conshelf or the pther way round?

I routinely see Conshelf XII's and XIV's in addition to the newer variants come through the shop for service. Essentially the major difference bewteen models is the port arrangements with some differences in the number of Lp ports and hose sizes. Internally they are essentially identical and take the same annual service kit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom