Shark Tooth Hunting in Venice Beach, FL.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firebrand

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
For my scubaboard brothers and sisters, I am trying to put together a dive trip to Venice Beach, FL to hunt for sharks teeth on 16 April 2005. If anyone (military or civilian) is interested, reply to this thread, and we'll work something out.

Firebrand

I'm a definate maybe. I need to check the work schedules.

How's it looking ReefGuy?

I can do the 16th. It's supposed to rain the middle of the week, then clear and be nice. I'm most famaliar with Alhambra, but we could hit the public beach or Casperson. I know Colin is itching to get back into the water, maybe he and Kris can come as well.

Any beach is fine with me. I'm just trying to pick a place we can gather, do the introductions, and get diving. I'd love to have Colin and Kris come along, as long as the speedo is replaced by a good pair of shorts!

There's directions to Alhambra posted on the board. Do a search for alhambra and directions. I'd like to try there first, because I know it the best, and I'd like to see the conditions there. If there bad, we can drop down to casperson.

Ok, I'm in. I'll rent some tanks on Friday. What time do you want to meet? I can be there any time after 0930 or so.

Earlier is better with Venice Beach. 9:30 is good with me.

ReefGuy:
Earlier is better with Venice Beach. 9:30 is good with me.
Ok, i have still to work out why earlier is better, is it due to sea breezes or the water temp or just to get people to go early? - Which i have tried to be there early only to find no-one else there or being 30mins or more later than the agreed time. :wink:

Any idea on viz? I know we would be destroying it, but if you cant even find the beds with <1" viz how are you supposed to find the teeth and not get eaten up by the bottom life?

Actually, it's a joke that we play on outsiders.

Typically as the day goes on, vis tends to drop. It's not always true, but most of the time. Vis, as always with VB will be hit or miss. The weather is supposed to get better (Wed, 30% chance of rain) as the week goes on. Light winds. I think we have a better than average chance of being able to read our gauges.

Back
Top Bottom