Final show down Hollis SMS100 vs. xDeep Stealth 2.0

Hollis SMS100 vs. xDeep Stealth 2.0

• Hollis Sms100

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • xDeep Stealth 2.0

Votes: 21 67.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What kind of tanks? You're almost trying to compare apples to oranges.

What kind of tanks? You're almost trying to compare apples to oranges.

aluminum or steel will use both.

What are the pros and cons between sms100 and stealth 2.0 and then pick one based on being able to use aluminum and steel.
Thanks

I like the adjustability, the wing, and the overall clean design of the Stealth 2. The only reason I would consider something like the SMS100 or similar Dive Rite would be if I absolutely had to have the extra lift for large steel tanks.

Forgive me to assume you will be diving a dry suit.
For wreck dives where deco obligations exist in cold water bigger tanks would be nice.
That is my personal preference for those circumstances.

In cave / warm water/ wreck then it would be a bit different if not pushing a lot of deco.
Actually I have two rigs one for mark tighter places and one for more lift for more gas / bottles.
I have a SMS 100 and a tight Transpac / Nomad that has been cleaned extensively.
The SMS can handle a vast variety of tanks and configurations if you are looking for a single rig to do it all.
Used mine a few weeks ago to dive a single tank for the first time in three years.
It worked well with my tanks cam bands ran through the soft plate and wing.

I have not tried the Stealth but heard good things.

CamG

My home made Razor rip off :wink:

I'd like an Sms100 to fiddle with mind.

I like the adjustability, the wing, and the overall clean design of the Stealth 2. The only reason I would consider something like the SMS100 or similar Dive Rite would be if I absolutely had to have the extra lift for large steel tanks.

No extra lift really needed, please take a quick look at this short movie I made in familiar for you place :)

2 x Steel Faber Cylinders LP108's (cave fill, lots of gas weight ... )
2 x Full AL 80's with deco gas
1 x Scooter loaded with photo video gear which shows negative buoyancy

here diving single 200gr undergarment and visible DUI FLX Extreme drysuit.
Wing still inflated about 30% of full capacity.

Enjoy !

[video=youtube;MaRfc6s1XnM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaRfc6s1XnM[/video]

We should have a nice video with two xDeep Stealth 2.0 wings one on top of another one for super extra buoyancy and redundant BC if somebody dives with lots of steel and no drysuit,
will find it (I hope) and post it here ... double wing still makes it a very compact and clean configuration.

Cheers !

Forgive me to assume you will be diving a dry suit.
For wreck dives where deco obligations exist in cold water bigger tanks would be nice.
That is my personal preference for those circumstances.

In cave / warm water/ wreck then it would be a bit different if not pushing a lot of deco.
Actually I have two rigs one for mark tighter places and one for more lift for more gas / bottles.
I have a SMS 100 and a tight Transpac / Nomad that has been cleaned extensively.
The SMS can handle a vast variety of tanks and configurations if you are looking for a single rig to do it all.
Used mine a few weeks ago to dive a single tank for the first time in three years.
It worked well with my tanks cam bands ran through the soft plate and wing.

I have not tried the Stealth but heard good things.

CamG
I like to use 14mm wetsuit.

---------- Post added June 6th, 2013 at 12:16 AM ----------

I like the vid thanks for the post.

---------- Post added June 6th, 2013 at 12:20 AM ----------

We should have a nice video with two xDeep Stealth 2.0 wings one on top of another one for super extra buoyancy and redundant BC if somebody dives with lots of steel and no drysuit,
will find it (I hope) and post it here ... double wing still makes it a very compact and clean configuration.

Cheers !
You read my mind please post the video. Double wing would take care of the steel buoyancy.
What would be nice is to see a full strip down of gear underwater and put it back on.

---------- Post added June 6th, 2013 at 12:23 AM ----------

Can you do back mount with the stealth like the hollis?

---------- Post added June 6th, 2013 at 12:36 AM ----------

MSargeant
user-offline.png
post pics

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom