GUE and Sidemount?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard they were working on a sidemount curriculum. It would make sense since they sell a sidemount bc.

One of the core values of GUE is standardized equipment. Backmounted doubles suffice for at least 90% of the diving out there to be done, so that is what GUE has standardized on. They may well introduce a sidemount curriculum, but if they do, I strongly suspect that it will be like the CCR class -- limited to Cave 2 divers with a lot of experience, who are doing active exploration work.

That's what I figured.

I don't see myself doing a lot of team diving in the near future. Just the occasional "slightly more than recreational diving"

I'm planning on TDI advanced Nitrox/deco next summer.
Are there any recommendations on the west coast for a good instructor for this in sidemount?

I'll probably be in the Portland/Seattle area by then, but I'll be travelling up the west coast from San Diego all the way up so my options are fairly open.

Ok, I'll say it.......UTD teaches sidemount. If your are in Seattle, as Lynne can attest to, Brian Weiderspan (UTD instructor trainer) runs FrogKickDiving and is an excellent instructor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Need to be Cave 2 qualified as its for dives that call for the configuration over BM twins.

ISE offer some nice tech courses on sidemount with a DIR flavor, Tom Steiner over at Gozotechnicaldiving (dot) com would be one to talk to.

I am pretty sure that Brian neither dives nor teaches sidemount. But he is, indeed, an excellent instructor.

Get ahold of Robert at scubatude in LA area...he can sort you out. He also hangs out here on scubaboard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom