Hog D2(no fifth port) sidemount hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dhboner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Is anyone using Hog D2 first stages (Special Black edition no fifth port). I am "juggling" how I route my hoses and I would be very interested in a close up photo of the set-up from a more experienced sidemounter. I am particularly interested in the left side.

I'll try to get some pictures of it tonight, but here's my setup

First stages "Up" so SPG's are on 9" hoses going down, not terrible critical, but if you run SPG's "up/lollipop/Edd style", the first stages should be pointing down, if you run them down "razor style", then the first stages should be up. Six is one, half dozen the other, and not relevant to this but you asked. I like SPG's down better, but that's personal preference.

The environmental seal should be facing in towards you, so regardless of if you run the spg's up or down the valves should be oriented like this below
hosekit_doubles_apeks.jpg

With SPG's run down, it puts the SPG farther away from you which allows better access to it when your each back. With SPG's run up, it doesn't matter much either way, but the SPG's route a bit better with them being a bit farther off of the center of the valve.

Inflator, standard backmount 22" ish inflator hose, run down into the hose retainer, this one should be on the "bottom" lp port so it can run inside of the regulator, the one inline with the HP port. Runs down then in towards you and back up, should stay inside the hose retainer this way.

Regulator hose runs out of the other lp port, and down towards the bottom of the tank then towards the front of the diver. This allows it do go down the tank then underneath the inflator.

Now comes the problem. If you don't have reversible regulators, you still have to run the left hose up and over, so you have to have a long enough hose to run it over. This is the reason that people like Brian Kakuk run the long hose on the left side, or others that run dual long hoses. If you have a 5' hose it is good for this, otherwise you can usually get away with a 44" hose and a 90* adapter or ball swivel. I highly recommend putting a bolt snap on this reg as well as the long hose so you can leave it clipped to the shoulder d-ring until you can get the tank high enough to clip in. I use Poseidons so they are non directional, but if you have reversible regs, Apeks XTX, Dive Rite XT, etc. you can run the regulator just up to the left D-ring and not run them around your neck.

Will try to get some pics for you tonight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom