Data Corruption 12/21/2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
On 12/21 the world did not end, but somehow our database suffered an un-repairable corruption. I spent countless hours over the past few days trying to restore our Article section and fix the corrupted data. I, with the aid of vBulletin technical support, were unable to repair the tables.

The database has been rolled back to our 12/21 backup, which is before the article section of the site was impacted.

Unfortunately, any posts, messages, changes to your account, and users who registered during that period will be lost. If you did register during that time, I'm very sorry to say you'll have to re-register.

I'm terribly sorry that this was the only solution to the problem.

Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

Time Travel!
- cool

freaking deja-vu...... thought something went wrong.... and there was some funny s*^t lost.... darn.

(shame the "How Much Training" thread wasn't lost in its entirety..... think they will re-hash the same stuff some more?) LOL

Thanks for your efforts!

That big sigh of relief you just heard was all those on the losing side of an argument.

... does this mean we get to have Christmas again ???

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I hope not. If we do that present I sent you hasn't shown up and I can't afford to get you another.
... does this mean we get to have Christmas again ???

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Resetting my calander to 1 April

Can you just reset it to August? I was on Roatan in August.

So much wisdom and insight lost. I call for a quest to recover it! What character will you be? I choose a half elf ranger mage assassin!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom