Best resorts for ON SITE snorkeling?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mtamborra

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've googled this extensively but the mainstream doesnt' seem to care about snorkeling and gives criteria for non-important stuff like "white sand beaches" and "spas"

Everythign I research just mentions actual Islands that are good for snorkeling

That's great and all, but doesn't really help me at all....I'm not rich and can't go to a resort evey other week to check out different places..capisce?

Could I get a mention of some resorts/hotels which have really good snorkeling on site (as in not having to drive, take tours, walk miles and miles)...just kind of get up and jump in sort of deal?

I've asked this question in some different posts, but it seems it's like pulling teeth...so please, just share with me the places you've been with nice on site snorkeling and knowing a little about the resort wouldn't hurt either

I'll start with adding one

name: Cozumel Palace

snorkeling: right on site, very convenient...not a very large snorkel area, some decent coral & lots of fish

resort: all inclusive, nice service & good food

I have a couple for you:

CoCoView Resort, Roatan
Welcome to CoCo View Resort (they have videos on the website of the snorkeling in the "front yard"
you can see everything from seahorses to eagle rays right there within walking distance of your oceanfront room! All-inclusive resort, no need to ever leave it all week!

Buddy Dive, Bonaire
Welcome to the Buddy Dive Resort website
crystal clear water, very little current, restaurant on-site

Scuba Club Cozumel
Cozumel Scuba Diving at Scuba Club Cozumel Dive Resort and Scuba Cozumel Dive Shop
easy access to snorkeling, all-inclusive resort so you never have to leave the gates! Meals are included but not the typical buffet, actually sitdown dinners in nice restuarant

I have photos and videos of all these places on my website. We are headed back to ScubaClubCozumel in two days!!!

robin:D

:D

Sheraton Maui
West Maui
excellent snorkeling at Black Rock just off their beach.
never stayed there - lunch was good.

Grand Wailea resort
South Maui
good snorkeling at Wailea Beach. Especially out by the point.
never stayed there but the buffet was excellent. pricier

Little Dix Bay Resort
Virgin Gorda, BVI's
amazing reef off their private beach. turtles all over the place.
resort: really pricey. excellent service.

Most of the dive resorts north of town on Bonaire
Capt' Don's Habitat, Buddy Dive, Den Laman, Sand Dollar condos or the Divi Flamingo in town
Bonaire
All are on named dive sites with excellent snorkeling offshore also.
All have restaurants on-site. And are close enough that you can walk between them.
You can also walk to downtown from the Divi.

Sunset House
Grand Cayman
Good multiple reefs just off the resort.
great beach bar for lunch.

Lodge Kura Hulanda
Westpunt, Curacao
One of the best dive/snorkel sites is Playa Kalki, a 2min. walk down the hill from the resort.
Suites were very nice. One of the Leading Small Hotels of the World. pricier.
somewhat remote.

Last edited:
I agree with DiveSteve and his suggestions for Bonaire. Spent a week at the Sand Dollar Condos and snorkeling along the north shore was excellent. Everything you need is near by, however you should rent a car for convenience.

hi,

after our visit to Thailand in January/February, there's one place, I'd like to add, i.e. Koh Ngai Resort on Koh Ngai island, close to the city of Trang. Actually, we lived in Thanya Resort (which we loved) and don't know much about Koh Ngai Resort, but snorkeling site available straight from its beach is the best on the island. There're even more interesting spots just couple of minutes by longtail boat away from the beach, but these accessible from the shore are also very nice.

As regards Bonaire, after hurricane Omar, it's not that easy to find descent snorkeling spots on the island as most of coral in shallow water has been damaged. Therefore, it's not good idea to limit yourself just to one place. I suggest to rent a car and go to different places, particularly to Wayaka beach, which we found to be the most interesting place both for snorkeling and for having fun on the beach (small but lovely).

You can also consider village of Lagun on Curacao. Water is very calm there and apart from weekends, you have the beach and the cove almost only for yourself. There're two main accommodations there, Bahia Appartments and Lagun Blou, both with spectacular view of the bay. Marine life in Lagun is also very interesting.

Best regards, Bartek

Iberostar Rose Hall (Montego Bay, Jamaica) had a wonderful snorkeling area at the beach right at the resort. There's plenty of coral and fish. It's an awsome way to work up an appetite at this all-inclusive resort. I loved it!!!
'

Breezes Jibacoa or Cameleon Villas Jibacoa, Cuba - both all inclusive. Great snorkelling just off the beach, lots of fish and coral. Heading back to CVJ in a month!
Breezes Runaway Bay Jamaica - not as good but not bad. Sunset Waters, Curacao good outside the lagoon. Good to see this post, agree, hard to find locations for good snorkelling right off the beach - one of our criteria when choosing a destination.

You know that Sunset Waters closed and was torn down a few years ago right? Too bad, I liked it there also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom