Static Breath Hold?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started at 45 seconds and am now just passing 2:30. Obviously you are ahead of me, so whatever you are doing is working

But I do use a couple training videos that can be found on youtube

I started at 45 seconds and am now just passing 2:30. Obviously you are ahead of me, so whatever you are doing is working

But I do use a couple training videos that can be found on youtube

When you have a moment, can you prove the video links? I've searched for "free diving" "freediving" videos, but didnt find anything too helpful. tonight I'm going to search for "apnea."

With me, prior to the dive I take 3-5 huge breaths (in and out), then go.

Thank you again.

Hey Digi Greg

I like your blog too, keep it updated!!

When I discovered SCUBA, I started looking into all shapes of diving and quickly found out about freediving also. I became obsessed with diving in all forms and spent copious amounts of time researching. I decided I wanted to start trying my hand at CNF Apnea. Which would be Constant Weight No Fins. The current record is set at 115 M and is held by Wlliam Trubridge. Of course I am nowhere close to that, nor will ever be, but I thought it was the most pure form of diving, with only you in the water, so I started looking into breath hold techniques.

I smoked for 26 years, so obviously my cardio really sucked at the beginning, with me laying on my bed for 45 ish seconds in near terror trying to hold my breath. The last time I worked on my breath hold (last week) I went just past 2 mins 30 secs. I am delighted with that, and cannot wait to get myself to 4 mins.

But I use these resources

Apnea mania

[video=youtube;JjL-NG9eW-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjL-NG9eW-Y[/video]

Apnea Trainer iPhone App | Facebook

~ breath holding while exercising with swim mask on - YouTube I know you will laugh at this one, but I find if I am very relaxed, I can hold with no issues

Hey Digi Greg

When I discovered SCUBA, I started looking into all shapes of diving and quickly found out about freediving also. I became obsessed with diving in all forms and spent copious amounts of time researching. I decided I wanted to start trying my hand at CNF Apnea. Which would be Constant Weight No Fins. The current record is set at 115 M and is held by Wlliam Trubridge. Of course I am nowhere close to that, nor will ever be, but I thought it was the most pure form of diving, with only you in the water, so I started looking into breath hold techniques.

I smoked for 26 years, so obviously my cardio really sucked at the beginning, with me laying on my bed for 45 ish seconds in near terror trying to hold my breath. The last time I worked on my breath hold (last week) I went just past 2 mins 30 secs. I am delighted with that, and cannot wait to get myself to 4 mins.

Glad you like our site! My girlfriend and I were planning on launching the site next month, but when we saved a sea turtle last week and we felt it was newsworthy for a soft launch. We want it to becoming a central hub for South Florida divers with as much QUALITY information we can provide.

If you're ever in South Florida, drop us a line!

After reading more about CNF Apnea, that does sound more challenging. I scuba and snorkel. When snorkeling, If I see a ledge or something rad, I want to get closer. I don't use weights, but I do wear my split fins. If my dive shop rents free diving fins, I want to try them out with snorkeling.

From reading your post, I'm assuming you no longer smoke? If that's the case, CONGRATS! If not, watch this video… Anti Smoking Wake Up Call (Anstoß für Rauchentwöhnung) - YouTube

After watching the "training routine" video, I downloaded Static Apnea on my Android phone to help me.

Thank you for providing the links.

Hey Digi Greg

But I use these resources

Apnea mania

[video=youtube;JjL-NG9eW-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjL-NG9eW-Y[/video]

Apnea Trainer iPhone App | Facebook

~ breath holding while exercising with swim mask on - YouTube I know you will laugh at this one, but I find if I am very relaxed, I can hold with no issues

Fun fact: smoking actually superficially increases your breath hold because chronic smoking kills CO2 receptors in your lungs. Also please take note that dry statics are much different from wet statics. Psychologically, dry statics are much easier because once you're out of breath, inhaling right away is not a problem, on the other hand, when you're doing wet statics, you know you can't just inhale unless you want a lung full of water.

anyway, be sure to have a partner looking out for you whenever you do any sort of wet exercises such as statics and dynamics. Dive safe!

Fun fact: smoking actually superficially increases your breath hold because chronic smoking kills CO2 receptors in your lungs. Also please take note that dry statics are much different from wet statics. Psychologically, dry statics are much easier because once you're out of breath, inhaling right away is not a problem, on the other hand, when you're doing wet statics, you know you can't just inhale unless you want a lung full of water.

anyway, be sure to have a partner looking out for you whenever you do any sort of wet exercises such as statics and dynamics. Dive safe!

Case and point: Pack 'n a half a day, 4 1/2 min... and one day, I'll hopefully find out, what times I can get without smoking ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom