Is this the most expensive snorkelling kit ever posted on eBay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David Wilson

Contributor
Reaction score
$(KGrHqZHJCQE7yy+2m3JBPD8W6nK4Q~~60_57.JPG

Gucci Guccissima Snorkeling Swim SET Mask Fins Snorkel Limited ED Collectors | eBay

I like the $73 postage the best

Actually that's the least offensive price! USPS shipping to Australia for such a large item is not unreasonable at $73.

Ten months ago I posted this thread to call attention to an eBay item priced at almost $800. This morning I found another which easily outprices the snorkelling kit; a pair of vintage Cressi Rondine Extras:
$_58.jpg
Vintage Cressi Rondine Extra Diving Fins 10 11 44 45 Super RARE | eBay
They're certainly in remarkable condition - probably "new in box", although there's no box in this case - considering such fins will be half a century old. This fin model appears in one of the Cressi-sub catalogues I have from the late 1960s and they were notable because the blades were elongated in foot sizes above European 40. So these represented the beginnings of freediving fin development, although they are dwarfed by today's extraordinarily long freediving fins.

So are these the most expensive fins in the world, or does someone know any different?

Back
Top Bottom