Fins for BIG feet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ARKaMAN

New
Reaction score
Hello, I am looking for some full foot fins for size 15. My foot is 11 Inches long and 4.5 Inches wide. This is just for swimming around with friends on a lake.

Hello, I am looking for some full foot fins for size 15. My foot is 11 Inches long and 4.5 Inches wide. This is just for swimming around with friends on a lake.

We have your footpocket size!!

Competition Freediver Fins | MAKO Spearguns

MCFF-2.jpg

If you are considering getting traditional rubber full-foot fins, which can be good enough for "swimming around" as well as economical (see My favourite kit - Pete Atkinson - Divernet), there are several models available in very large sizes. Three months ago I posted the following Scubaboard thread:

Extreme sizing: simple rubber snorkelling fins for people with tiny or huge feet

In this posting I wrote: "The pièce de résistance among giant-sized fins is Eyeline's Malaysia-made range of blue and orange full-foots, available beyond US 15 in no fewer than three sizes: EUR 49-51 (US 16-17), EUR 51-53 (US 17-18) and EUR 53-55 (US 19-20)."

Eyeline publishes a very informative table of measurements for its fins:
Eyeline_Sizing_2.jpg
Your foot length of 11 inches is approximately 28 cm, so the larger sizes should accommodate your needs.

Why don't all fin distributors provide measurement tables like this? It's simply not good enough in this era of online retailing to quote just a size range instead of giving precise measurements of maximum foot pocket length and width. Too many full-foot fins run small or large for their stated sizes. I've posted messages about this in the Scuba Manufacturers forum here on Scubaboard, sadly without any response being forthcoming.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom