Where is the best Snorkeling place in our planet ?

Where is the best Snorkeling place in our planet ?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can choose more than one place (System allows maximum 12 choices). If I had more options, I could add, Palau, Belize Lighthouse and Hurghada. These places are not single beatiful places, they also offer lots of alternatives in their zones.

Huahine, French Polynesia
Kealakekua Bay, Hawaii
St. John, USVI's
Fiji
Phillipines
Ningaloo Reef, Australia
Norman Reef, GBR, Australia
Seychelles
Wakatobi, Indonesia
Maldives
Papua, New Guinea
Solomon Islands

Roatan wouldn't make my list. Even Utila is better IMO.

I prefer diversteves list. Ningaloo and Coral Bay offer awesome snorkeling for those that like to snorkel. PNG would depend on where you are...theres a bay just out of Alotoa which i cant remember the name of now - possibly Laudi - thats a muck diving spot that would have snorkelers in heaven.

Too many places, but not so many time and money :((

Find St.Vincent. The reefs are thriving. One of the biggest Elk-horn coral shelves anywhere. Find the shallow bays and amazingly clear waters. Lots of easy to reach areas right from the empty pristine beaches. No big tourist spots. No traffic. Great exchange rates. Rain-forests, waterfalls and it's an easy day trip to the Tobago Cays Marine Park where you can swim with the sea turtles. There is a "salt pond" that is the closest thing I've ever seen in nature that is like snorkeling in an aquarium. Calm, clear loaded with life amongst the most surreal looking lava formations all under the shadow of a live volcano. Contact me directly and we'll happily help you find some of our favorite spots. If you're looking for the way the Caribbean used to be, before the big resorts and cruise ships, find St.Vincent. Welcome to Harmony Hall Resorts, St. Vincent | Your Caribbean Dream Vacation made affordable. Ask how we can help, we work with local boat owners, guides and scuba companies.

My list.

I did not add places where I took a boattrip to a reef (meaning leaving out Sharm el Sheikh, great barrier reef and Bali (Menjagan island, Nusa lembogan) & Flores, Rincah & komodo).

So, here's my beach accesible snorkeling list:

Top:
Maldives Vilamendhoo
Australia: Coral bay & cape range NP
Philippines Moalboal, Oslob, Apo Island, Balicasag, Coco Grove Bohol
Egypt Marsa Alam: Coraya bay

Good:
Maldives Eriyadhu, Kuredu
Malaysia Tioman, Pulau Perhentian besar, Pulau Perhentian Kecil, Pulau Kapas
Thailand Koh Tao, Koh Kradan, Koh Hai,

Ok:
Bali Ahmed, Permuteran
Thailand Koh Chang, Koh Phi phi, Koh Lanta
Philippines: Malapascua
Dominican Republic Sosua
Costa Rica

So-so:
Croatia
Spain
France

For years, Bunaken for Snorkelling and Raja Ampat for Diving are high on my list, but I never seem to get there :-(

Cheers

Jan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom