Boating and Navigating as a Freediver in South Florida- Free Seminar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jessica Anderson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The South Florida Freediving Club will be hosting a free seminar at Scotty's Landing in Coconut Grove, FL on February 12th at 7:30pm: Boating and Navigating as a Freediver in South Florida. Come join us for some cool info, fun stories and friends.

The South Florida Freediving Club will be hosting a free seminar at Scotty's Landing in Coconut Grove, FL on February 12th at 7:30pm: Boating and Navigating as a Freediver in South Florida. Come join us for some cool info, fun stories and friends.

Is this more Freedive spearfishing, Deep Drop exercises over ultra deep bottoms, or, actual freediving over reefs and wrecks where you can see cool stuff without it being about harvesting already heavily overfished marine species?

I would love to hear that some Freedive programs were getting out, that was more about freediving for photography, video, or sightseeing....
Not saying there is anything BAD about the hunting, it is just that MOST freedive programs don't seem to be about the bigger picture that could be embraced my millions of more people.

Dan, how about going to the seminar, finding out and reporting back to those of us who cannot make it.

Dan, how about going to the seminar, finding out and reporting back to those of us who cannot make it.

Zieg, I'd actually want to...if it was about the aspects of freediving I suggested....I'd even cover it as an article I would write. But Miami is a long drive from Palm Beach, through an hour of some of the worst drivers in the continental US ( Miami drivers!!!) , and I don't want to do a story on how to find fish for dinner at Publix, or on the reef.....We have to DO either, but to me hearing about either one, is not particularly entertaining :)

I understand, the drive is a bit much for what's advertised, especially from Palm Beach. Would be nice if we had a little more information as to the subject matter.

The seminar will not be focused on killing or hunting. It is focused on how to find good free dive spots, whether that is for hunting, videography, photography or whatever you prefer to do while freediving and/or scuba diving.

I will be teaching the group how to use their free Navionics app on their phone (or ipad, etc) to find great dive locations, how to mark locations that you find on your own, how to share them with your friends, how to look up currents, wind, weather, etc, creating routes and tracking routes, sharing routes with your friends, how to sync across multiple devices, and lots more.

As a side-note, I will be telling my story of how I got involved with Navionics and eBoat Listings- which involves a near-death experience, a terrible car crash, quitting my job as a brain cancer researcher and other rather entertaining bits.

It's going to be a fun class and I will be doing giveaways as well. I'm driving down from Palm Beach so if you want to carpool (though I'll have to go a bit early to set up)....

Don't forget about the seminar on the 12th! PM me or email me at Jessica at eBoatListings.com if you have questions, comments or suggestions.

freediving-talk.jpg

Back
Top Bottom