Spearfishing/Freediving Mask/Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Danny D

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just wondering what everybodys Favorite mask and fins are...

I personally use a Omer alien mask and a pair of Omer Millenium fins.....I wouldn't trade them for the world. Also have a pair of Mares Avanti Quattro fins and they are great for beginners or for those that switch back between freediving and scuba diving, tropical diving too.

Danny D:
Just wondering what everybodys Favorite mask and fins are...

I personally use a Omer alien mask and a pair of Omer Millenium fins.....I wouldn't trade them for the world. Also have a pair of Mares Avanti Quattro fins and they are great for beginners or for those that switch back between freediving and scuba diving, tropical diving too.
Sporasub Spartak mask
Sporasub Elite fins C/W
C4 Falcons O/W
Quattros and Volos Scuba

All you freedivers and spearfisherman/woman ..feel free to chim in, it does not cost a dime I swear.... :wink:

I wear the same equipment i use for scuba, but here in Northern California, our ocean diving is mainly in the kelp and surf, so I'm not sure that traditional freedive gear is optimal for our environment. Anybody from the area that doesn't agree with me, please post your opinions, i'm open to change.

I use a Cressi Bigeyes Black/black and a set of Omer Bat 30's. have no intention of changing, damn near perfect set up for me. seems to work if I;m hunting the deep cold spooky stuff off the BC Coast are the clear blue of the Arabian Gulf/Red Sea.

those bat 30's are indestructable. I can bend the fin tip all the way to the heal

I've had good luck Cressi's Masks. I have a SuperOcchio and a Matrix. The Matrix and Big Eyes have a great field of view and are still quite low volume.

And I like my Picasso Black Team fins. Super speedy, easy to swim on the surface and they're stiff enough to bing me home from the deeper dives.

Back
Top Bottom