Sand Dollar Liveaboard???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carldarl

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone been on the Sand Dollar out of San Pedro?

We (Family of 4) have finally decided on a Channel Islands 3-day liveaboard. Now I'm having trouble finding one available for August 7-12 time frams.

Does the Sand Dollar put on a good trip?
7mm suits, hoods and gloves?

Any other suggestions for that time frame?

Thanks for any help

Carl

I don't have any experience with Sand Dollar; you'll have to post back about your trip.

And yes, definitely 7mm, hoods/gloves. If you get cold very easily, you might want to consider even more (like a core warmer) depending on where you dive; it can get extra chilly in the northern channel islands. Though in the summer, at least you can usually warm up enough in the sun between dives!

Some other liveaboards worth checking out around here (though they may not jive with your schedule):

The Peace (Ventura) - www.peaceboat.com
The Great Escape (San Pedro) - www.diveboat.com
Truth Aquatics (Santa Barbara) www.truthaquatics.com

Lots of boat info here:
http://californiadiveboats.com/

carldarl:
Has anyone been on the Sand Dollar out of San Pedro?

We (Family of 4) have finally decided on a Channel Islands 3-day liveaboard. Now I'm having trouble finding one available for August 7-12 time frams.

Does the Sand Dollar put on a good trip?
7mm suits, hoods and gloves?

Any other suggestions for that time frame?

Thanks for any help

Carl

I have lost count of how many times I've been on the Sand Dollar...probably in the neighbourhood of once a month for the last 2 years. I love the boat, the crew is great, meals are great (5 a day). Its not a luxury liner though. Its comfortable but doesnt have state rooms. Its a dive boat. It is also one of the few boats (that I'm aware of) that has Nitrox on board.
If you have specific questions, feel free to pm me.

KazInAz

Hmmm.... My dive club is chartering the Conception (one of the Truth Aquatics fleet - see www.truthaquatics.com) for August 18-29 (board by 10 pm the night before), so if your dates are flexible, I know we have a couple of spots left. We do this trip every year, and it's a blast - gorgeous diving, and IMO the best fleet of boats locally. PM me for more info....

Back
Top Bottom