Wrinkles Dive - Where in Palos Verdes/Redondo area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

headhunter

Renaissance Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Now that the last poll is over and we have chosen the Palos Verdes/Redondo area for the August 13th Wrinkles Dive and BBQ, we need to decide on a specific place to use as a "home base".

This location should be one where we can have the BBQ and easily go to visit other dive sites in the area.

Let's start by offering suggestions and reasons why an area might be good. If you have any links that could help us make up our minds, please include them.

When we have some areas to choose from with reasons why or why not, I can start a poll on this thread and we can vote for which one we want.

This Wrinkle event is only 4 weeks away, so I'll probably put up a poll this Thursday or Friday night.

Thanks.

Christian

Redondo will probably be the best choice for a large group of divers. The diving isn't as good as the rocky reefs around the peninsula, especially during the day, but there is plenty of parking, restrooms, picnic tables, two dive shops nearby and access to the pier for the non-divers in the group. There are several great dive sites withing fifteen minutes of Vets for those who don't mind a little hiking.
My favorite, of course, is Marineland but we'd have to make it a tailgate barbeque in the parking lot and the restrooms are disguised as bushes.
White Point has a picnic area right at the water's edge, but the diving is usually poor to yucky. During the Summer the parking rates go up to much more than it's worth to dive there.
Malaga Cove has a large grassy field next to the school that is big enough to accommodate us and any soccer game that may be going on, but the school's restrooms are rarely open on the weekends.
Sounds like Redondo to me.

The group could meet at Marineland for a day dive, then travel to Redondo for BBQ and a night dive.

Back
Top Bottom