New to the board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tau

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello. :D I'm new to the board. Just thought I might introduce myself.

I live in the LA area. I am a certify open water diver. Looking for a buddy to dive with on weekends. I am usually available on Sundays and some Saturdays.

My hope is to find someone who can get me into Lobstering!!!!!!

That should not be a problem here. Welcome to the board and give me a call anytime for a dive. A post on this board or http://www.sandeaters.org should get you wet most weekends. Sandeaters, is not a club, but a schedule of dives for every Sunday. Where in Southern California are you? I dive Malibu (tomorrow at 0700), Palos Verde and Laguna Beach 562-421-3094

Welcome to the board! Lots of folks on here to dive with.

Welcome!

I'd offer to buddy, but I need more experience still...and I'm still equipment challenged!

Welcome, as many have said.........post when you wish to dive and chances are good you'll get a response.

Or, if others have posted don't be shy to show up.....everyone is always learning a thing or two. :wink:

See ya,

Edit: As far as lobster, lets get you diving more frequently......you need to bag some night dive (lobster hunting is done at night). Come and hang out with us www.divevets.com , we have a weekly night dive every Wednesday.....great place to start.

AS Icy Ice said, let us get you some more experience before the lobster dives. Lobster diving, photographs, and hunting are all dives where you are adding additional task. At this point in your career you need to focus on just the diving.

I was on a dive this past season where a very experienced diver with well over 1000 dives dove to 84 feet, and when he surfaced, his guage said zero and his tank barely made a sound when you purged his reguator. He lost track, overstayed and was either out or low on air. I don't know exactly which as he was being medivaced paralyzed from the waist down. He fully recovered, but I tell the story to illistrate how easy it is to become um, "focused" when hunting to the exclusion of more important things.

Call me and we will go diving. I often dive with newer divers and itis fine with me. (562) 421-3094.

Now if you will excuse me, I am meeting some people at Starbucks in Malibu at Trancas, Broad Beach and PCH at 7:00 a.m. today. All are welcome.

I agree with what others are saying here. Just work on the skills of diving for now and work your way up to night diving. Then add lobster hunting after you've gotten comfortable with night diving.

Like pasley, I also don't mind diving with new divers. I think you'll find that most of us on ScubaBoard don't. After all, you won't be new forever and later you may become a well skilled buddy to dive with. Then I'll wonder if it's OK to come out with you! :wink:

I recommend that you come out to our Wrinkles Dives and Mo2vation Dives to meet us. You may find the Wrinkles Dives better for learning in an easy unpressured environment with relatively shallow water. The Mo2vation Dives may be mixed up between more advanced dives and less advanced dives although we really don't know what the mix of divers will be on these boat trips yet, since we're just planning our first one.

Hope to see you soon!

Christian

Come on over (and down) I'll be your buddy, may make for a heck of a drive, but the waters warmer here :D

Welcome aboard the mighty ScubaBoard!

I've never been on a board with this much response within a day. Thank you all for willingness to help me gain my experience. I will meet you all soon.

I have one quick question for everyone. I am in the market to get my own tank. I own all my diving equipment except for my tank. I've been renting that at sports chalet. The guy told me there that I would be better off renting theirs until i can figure out what I like. My question is, what is the best all around tank if price wasn't an issue? I'm leaning toward a High Pressure 80. Good or bad choice? Please help.

tau:
I'm leaning toward a High Pressure 80. Good or bad choice? Please help.
Cool tanks, I want to get a couple for my kids (and therefore myself, but don't tell my wife that!). Only issue some guys I know seem to have is getting HP tanks filled past 3200psi, especially at Sport Chalet. On the other hand, I have a couple of lp95s that are + rated, and SC fills them to 2800 or more, depending on who is filling them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom