ruptured my ear drum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

California Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
well on todays dive i got the great joy of rupturing my right ear drum. thats good for it right?

Ouch! My buddy ruptured an ear drum in Key West. It was kind of
funny seeing him blow bubbles from his ear at the hotel pool that
afternoon. What bothered me was he still dived the next day!!!

i blew it and continued the dive to 190 ft, some of us arent that smart :) but i will say i didnt know for sure it was ruptured til after the dive.

So I take it that the ear just suddenly felt like it equalized?
One good thing, I guess, it is not as bad as some possible injurys
we are susceptible in this sport. How long till you can dive again?

2-3 weeks. thats horrible, i cant imagine not diving for 2-3 weeks. :(

California Diver:
2-3 weeks. thats horrible, i cant imagine not diving for 2-3 weeks. :(

I feel for you. However, look on the bright side. It's better than not being able to dive again. If you rupture the oval or round window in the middle ear, its game over.

I hope you heal quick!

we dropped down into 60 ft and i couldnt equalize, all of the sudden it equalized and felt good for a second then it started hurting and i could feel ooze running down the back of my throat. i knew it was ruptured when i blew into my nose to try and clear my ears the air went through my ear and started filling my hood.

California Diver:
we dropped down into 60 ft and i couldnt equalize, all of the sudden it equalized and felt good for a second then it started hurting and i could feel ooze running down the back of my throat. i knew it was ruptured when i blew into my nose to try and clear my ears the air went through my ear and started filling my hood.

Yuck, sounds awful ! No diving for me either.. doc says I have a slight case of bronchitis... :: sigh::

I have the same flu/bronchitus, and can't seem to loose it...........geeezuz tyler, be careful, or I will be forced to take out life insurance in your name.

Back
Top Bottom