Free Tank Fills

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Awhile back, while renting tanks at Sports Chalet, I was told that refills were free at any Sports Chalet. Has anyone heard this? Are they still doing this?

Thanks,
Rick

Ben_ca:
I know they will fill small tanks (ponies) for free but I don't recall what small is (under 40 cuft?)
I believe it is chain wide that Sport Chalet will fill cylinders UNDER 40 cu ft for free, so if you have a 40 cu ft cylinder you will need to pay, but a 30 is free. And Sport Chalet does not fill NITROX, so their air is Grade E (not hyperfiltered). I also think that not all stores have compressors, one that comes to mind is the Costa Mesa store in the South Coast Plaza shopping mall, but I certainly could be mistaken on this one since I would rather shop at a real (dedicated, not chain) dive shop.

Mark Vlahos

Mark Vlahos:
....since I would rather shop at a real (dedicated, not chain) dive shop.

Mark Vlahos

I have to agree with this... Sports Chalet is the Walmart of the dive stores.

I am going to have to check into this further. Like I said, I was told when you rent tanks from them, you can go to any store, with the rentals, and get free refills. I will give them a call this morning and find out. My belief is air should be free. I can't see paying for it! That is good that Reefseekers is doing free fills. More shops should follow suit. It would be better for the store, as far as bringing more customers in. As far as the chain store vs dive shop, I am all for supporting my dive shop, but, free air vs $5.00 a tank on rental refills? No thanks!

Just my 2 cents.

Rick

I get free fills at SC, but I work there part time as a DM. As far as them being the WalMart of dive shops, that is unfortunately true at some locations, but there are also some that are run by divers, for divers.

xSandman3:
I get free fills at SC, but I work there part time as a DM. As far as them being the WalMart of dive shops, that is unfortunately true at some locations, but there are also some that are run by divers, for divers.
the one in torrance like this :D ?

If you rent the tank from sportchalet it is usually a free refill, especially if you are taking a class. If you dont rent it then they charge you.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom