Mo2vation JULY 23th, '06 Boat Dive planning thread - Magician

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

headhunter

Renaissance Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll update this first post as a running synopsis of this thread.

For a complete list of all of the Mo2vation dives for the 2006 calendar year, see this thread:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=123220

When:
Sunday, July 23rd

Where:
The Magician - Captain Jerry Lewis
22nd Street Landing
San Pedro, CA 90731

Directions (click here)

For reservations call:
818 499-7101 (This is Jerry's pager, so be sure to leave him a message and he'll call you right back)

Destination:
Catalina Island (3 - 4 dives, time permitting)

Trips to Catalina leave at 7am and you can board the boat at 6am.

The boat returns by 5pm.

Cost:
(includes food & air fills)

$112 ea. = 0 - 9 people
$102 ea. = 10 - 14 people
$97 ea. = 15 - 19 people
$92 ea. = 20 - 28 people

Don't wait until the last minute to sign up for any of these boats.

Remember that each of these boats is working on filling these open boats just like we are. If a shop comes along in February that wants to fill an October boat and we have only taken 3 spots. The rest of those spots will be sold. That's the only way that we can work with these boats and not make a financial commitment to them up front.

I've already given my credit card number to all of these boats to hold a spot for me. Keep in mind that they only use the card to hold the spot and will only charge it on the day of the trip, so if you book these trips now for the whole year, you won't be charged for a year's worth of boat diving all at once.

What is the Mo2vation Dive?

This is a monthly gathering of all divers in SoCal who can make it. Of course, if you are visiting from some other region, everyone is invited!

It was named after our SoCal member Mo2vation because of his love for boat dives and all of the friendly jabs he takes at our monthly Wrinkles Beach Dive and BBQ. :D

We welcome both ScubaBoard members and non-ScubaBoard members that you know. It's open to divers of all skill levels from "What's an anchor line?" to "Do we really have to dive the Andrea Doria again?"

This is a great way to meet our fellow divers and make new dive buddies! You don't have to have a buddy to participate, lots of us would be happy to buddy up with you.

RSVP:

RSVP on the ScubaBoard Calendar once you have a confirmed reservation:

http://www.scubaboard.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=618&day=2006-7-23&c=32

(you can now rsvp and include your guest count for your non-ScubaBoard buddies!)
Please sign up on the Calendar and update your party size on the calendar with changes, so that we can compare our list with theirs in advance and make sure that there are no discrepancies.

Confirmed Reservations:
Let me know if I've misrepresented anyone's confirmed reservations here.

Sunday, July 23rd: (10)
headhunter (1)
HBDiveGirl (2)
scjoe (1)
Mark Vlahos (1)
dazedone (1)
CompuDude (1)
weiland (1)
scubalaurel (1)
LadyScuba (1)

I'll update this post as we have more info.

Christian

A beautiful Sunday in July?

What could be better than diving....
...with friends from Scubaboard....
...at Catalina...
...on the Magician (Pumping membrane Nitrox as of June 1, 2006...Wooo-Hoooo...)?

Nothing!! I am so very THERE, and reservations are made :)

Next?

Claudette:jump013:

Jake and I are in.

Spoke to them this morning: they're getting PayPal set up in the next week or so (being an eBay monster, I love that). Also: June 1 they're installing a membrane system. So you can get Nitrox with your real tank, not that O2 clean puff ball you have in the climate controlled glass case in the corner of the garage.

---
Ken

And now I'm in too!! Woo-Hoo! What a great day, ordered my X8-130 and made a reservation to go to Catalina with some of the greatest people ever!!!

Billy

P.S. So if we reach 10 people do we get a $10 refund since we used paypal and paid for the boat in full?

P.P.S. Jerry said that there are only about 8 spots left.

Empty V:
And now I'm in too!! Woo-Hoo! What a great day, ordered my X8-130 and made a reservation to go to Catalina with some of the greatest people ever!!!

Billy

You'll be getting great BT with that thing. I'm fired up.

Love it now, because in Winter you're gonna be hating life with mad BT and that wettie. :D

---
Ken

Empty V:
If you can convince my Fiance that I NEED a drysuit, then I'll get one. I don't think even you can accomplish a task of this difficulty. Haha!

This is going to be a blast, my first dive in Catalina!

Thanks Christian!!!
I'm sure we can convince her that the dry suit is a NEED in SoCal! :eyebrow:

Christian

I am all set up, did the online payment and I am good to go!

I am looking forward to diving with the group again. Doubles, dry suit, and blue smurf gloves. :)

Mark Vlahos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom