x-scooter vs. silent submersion scooter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaMilo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Want to hear from people with first hand knowledge only please!!

I am preparing to make a purchase of one of these two scooters in the next 2 months.
would like to hear about potential problems or good experience you may of had.
(i.e. corrosion, leaking, battery performance, manuverability, diver fatigue
just plain cool factor:14: )
Mostly interested in problems.
also anyone heard of a local so cal source for either of these two scooters.

Thanx,
Milo

40 lbs vs 80 lbs

I currently own an X-Scooter but I also several dives on an SS. The SS is a great machine and is well built. From what I understand Rodney is also great to do business with and was very helpful the one time I talked with him on the phone. Over all I decided to buy an X because the owners of Dive-Xtras are friends of mine so I figured I'd get real good support if there were any issues. As of now (a year later) I've had zero problems with the scooter since it has been flawless. I've run my long body side by side with a 26 SS and speed and burn times are complarible. The other thing that is nice is I can toss the thing up on my shoulder and run it down to the beach as opposed to the SS which takes a dolly or two people to lug it down to the water. Also the standard is perfect for boat dives and once the new battery comes out it should give around 2 hours of burn time on the standard body.

Thanx for the input scott it seems it hard to find anyone with anything negative to say about either of these scooters other than the weight issues.
To me this is a compliment to both scooters and their engineers. huh!
Still a Very tuff decision.
any advice welcome at this point.

a few of my friends have x scooters, they dont like to dive with me anymore, i dont have one! i can tell you theyre very addictive and once you get a scooter you will not want to dive not using it, ever.

Milo, just bite the bullet and get both. That way I could use the one you don't like!:D Remember, it's a tax write off.:wink:
Or you could talk H into buying one as a shop scooter.:D

California Diver:
a few of my friends have x scooters, they dont like to dive with me anymore, i dont have one! i can tell you theyre very addictive and once you get a scooter you will not want to dive not using it, ever.
"Hey Kev, you diving this Weekend?"
"Nah, I gotta work OT Weekends for the next month. . ."
"Bummers Brah! That Sucks! Can I borrow your X-Scooter then?". . .:D
It's a great lightweight DPV for Open Water and Wreck Diving; I'll be trudging it with me on my trip to the South China Sea.
http://www.divernet.com/equipment/0705scooterextra.shtml
http://www.dive-xtras.com

Never mind I did not know what I was reading about till more searching for them, way out of my league.

Back
Top Bottom