Morning of May 13th - Redondo Beach Area - Need Dive Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrianV

Contributor
Reaction score
I currently live in Austin, TX, but was born and raised in the Palos Verdes area. I live near Malaga Cove and am visiting my parents that weekend. I want to do some local shore diving (either Malaga Cove or the old Marineworld, or any place else nearby that's recommended). I've never shore dived in California but I have shore dived twice in Hawaii (currents were pretty strong).

I'm PADI AOW and have 18 logged dives. I'm not a super newbie, but I'm not a hardcore technical diver either. I have all my gear and plan on picking up 1-2 tanks and weights at Sea 'd Sea in the Riviera Village. Is there anyone else who might be willing to dive that morning with me? I have one certified diver friend who lives in Torrance but he hasn't dove in 3 years (and has only 5 logged dives, 4 being his OW checkouts). Plus, he's semi unreliable.

Please let me know if anyone is interested in helping a fellow scubaboard diver out. If there are regular groups that get together on the weekends, please point me in that direction as well.

Much thanks,
BrianV

Well if worse comes to worse I'll head out to La Jolla. That's a long jaunt for me (2-2.5 hours) each way. If I do go, I'll probably just go for the two morning dives as I have a dinner reservation at 5:00pm.

It sounds like great fun, and I'll keep it in mind.

Alternatively, if any LA area people aren't cruising down to San Diego and want to get a quick dive or two in the South Bay area, please post here or PM me.

you might want to check the Continuing Education calendar at Reef Seekers (www.reefseekers.com). I think they do a free beach diving/navigation class once a month on the 2nd Saturday at Veteran's Park in Redondo, just south of the pier.

kelpmermaid:
you might want to check the Continuing Education calendar at Reef Seekers (www.reefseekers.com). I think they do a free beach diving/navigation class once a month on the 2nd Saturday at Veteran's Park in Redondo, just south of the pier.

Thanks, fortunately I will be there for the second Saturday May. Do they only do 1 dive or 2? How is Veteran's Park, what's there to see, etc? From my research a few months back, people seemed to like the old Marineworld the best.

Thanks!

Reefseekers is doing a beach dive at Redondo on Saturday May, 13th. John Lumb will be heading the group. Or, if you would like to join us, Reefseekers is chartering the Cee Ray to Catalina on the same day. I will be one of the DM's aboard. Check the website http://www.Reefseekers.com or call (310) 652-4990 for more info.

If I wasn't on the boat, I would have loved to have dove Malaga with you!

Jan,
Thanks! I think the charter trip will take too long, as I have a family dinner at 5:00pm which would mean I'd need to be back to the harbor around 230-300pm.

Fortunately, someone PM'd me with some great contacts in a small little dive group and I may be going to old marineworld with them. If that falls through, I already have done my research on Reef Seeker's.

Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom