Back from Roatan Bay Island, Honduras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Jan,
Very nice report, I wish I had your gift of words. We just missed each other as I was there the 13-20th. Who was your Capt and DM? We found there to be a difference and hence now collect that info.

I think it was the 300/C building that had the most 'interaction' with the monkeys. Is that where you were? In the D/400 section only sandals went missing, but my gear was left alone.

FI beach aka Gazebbo diving was much better I thought then the other resorts.

Thanks for publishing a report.

Hello Scubanimal (love the name!)

I was originally supposed to go to Coco View with a group that I met from here a year ago when we went to coz during the week that you were at FI, but....it was over Mother's Day, so I had to delay my trip a week. Just as well, for FI happened to be a couple hundred dollars cheaper, and I was very happy with the whole experience. I loved diving from the Gazeebo, following the 'trail' to the plane, then to the wreck, following the trail up the Coco View side, then diving their wall. Absolutely amazing!

The only downside to FI, is that they didn't have a pool. I would have loved a fresh water pool to lounge around in after a heavy day of diving to de-salt thyself. LOL Hopefully the new pool will be completed by summer.

We stayed in the 400 building, we were actually D-20 upstairs, on the end which was nice, but...for some odd reason, we had alot of bees in our room in which I got stung! This was scary, for I'm very allergic to bees. At one point, we had even considered asking to be moved, but the amount of bees declinded.

Oh, our boat was the 'Island Time' from Laguna Beach, Utila. Our captain was Capt John (borrowed from Utila) and our DM was Henry who is a regular at FI. After talking with Capt John, I look forward to going to Utila, perhaps next year.

Hey Jan,
How strange we had the same room, Yes the bees were a problem. My wife is extremely allergic; fortunately we were able to avoid them. I like the room very cold maybe that helped. But no monkey problems; that’s interesting. We had Pedram & Darry on 'little Kashi" both I really liked. I thought there was a small pool behind where the new one is going to be.

I just took long showers by the boats to de-salt, even after those cool gazebo dives. I spend most of one dive just taking pictures of the foredeck on the Prince Albert; very cool. Newman’s and Coco sure beat local 'beach' dives :)

How did you survive the mesquites doing afternoon beach dives? It was pretty obvious in our group looking at backs of those who did the dives. I received 40 bites my first afternoon.

I may have to do that again next year. Maybe more folks from SB will join u

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom