Sunday June 11, Old Marine Land

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Empty V

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Who's Game? I know Rickster is a possibility. i know it will be tough after an amazing time in Laguna the day before but this is a special occasion. I've got a friend in from Oahu who took me on my first dive ever. I want to show him how gorgeous our reefs are. This will be my first dive at OML too. Hopefully this will be a great weekend for shore dives.

Hi Empty V,
Are you going in from the beach or boat ? I'm going to try to make it down there but Divevets are usaully there every Sunday.

Happy Diving
John

http://divevets.com/index.htm

Many of us are there each Saturday and Sunday. On Sundays we usually make one or two dives and have a "debriefing" that can last most of the day. Lots of food and drinking is involved.

Most arrive at Marineland around 8:00. It's pretty much a free-for-all. Any food or drink brought is appreciated by all. There is always plenty to go around. The group only dives in Palos Verdes, with Malaga Cove and Veteran's Park in Redondo Beach as backup locations on the weekends. They make night dives at Vet's on Wednesday nights, meeting around 6:00. They are all a bunch of friendly divers who are willing to help, chide or lead anyone. The caretaker at Terranea Resort(Marineland) gives us the combination because we clean up the parking lot and shoreline, and also keep an eye out for any vandals or spearfishers who leave their catch on posts at the top of the trail.

I can vouch for the Vets, having met them once yesterday. Good buncha folks. :)

Glad to see you made it out of the soup ok yesterday, Max. Maybe I'll see if I can come down next Sunday for another attempt! (you met me as Kalani, the tall bald guy in the Peace cap who was chatting with Shanon)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom