Has anyone dived in Cabo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've done La Paz which isn't very far and really great. I've heard that Manta Divers, Underwater Diversions and Amigos del Mar are really good ops out of Cabo.
I just got back from Cabo on Tuesday and it was great. We didn't dive because the ocean was not cooprating but we still had a great time.

If you look at my "My Gallery" link (the top one) you can see what La Paz looks like.

You might be better off posting this in the Mexico forum as they'll be better able to answer your questions.

I've heard good things about Amigos del Mar as well. The only dive I've done in Cabo is Sand Falls, which is interesting. Underwater sand fall, like a water fall. just beware of the jet skis and glass bottom boats over your head.

I liked Amiego as well. I was NOT impressed with Manta. The diving is nice but nothing really WOW. Clear warm water....

Terry

I've been to Cabo twice. Used Amigos Del Mar both times and liked them. I'd have to agree that the diving definitely isn't "spectacular" but hey, any dive is better than no dive...right? They are also mostly deep dives, as nothing really starts until around 50 feet or so (unless you dive Cabo Pulmo). If you can, try the blow hole, it's a nice dive, and sand falls is interesting. Just make sure to watch your depth and time :)

What kind of palegics are typically around in September?

I may be in the minority, but I like Cabo Diving. I've been diving (annually) there for almost ten years.

Local Diving isn't bad off (small) boats. Neptune's finger is my favorite. Pelican Rock is a close (logistically) second. Sand Falls is a bit underwhelming.

Strongly advise taking the bus trip over to Cabo Pulmo (organized through one of the shops) and diving over there. IT IS SPECTACULAR!!! Saw a whale shark out there one year (although it was later in the year than July).

July is hot and humid in Cabo, but I would bring a 3MM/shorty (or rent). Not saying you couldn't go in less. Up to your personal tolerance.

I dove two July's ago and saw two white tip reef sharks, barracuda and a whole lot more at Neptune's Finger.

Also, an option, there is some shore diving at Chilleno Beach (Reef). It's a little sandy, but there is a nice wall (starting depth around 30 feet). Last time I dove there, I saw a couple of Tuna which was pretty neat. There is a small dive shop on the beach where you can rent tanks and weight. I would bring everything else. Not bad for blowing bubbles.

Hope this helps!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom