Girlfriends wants to Certify on 2 for 1!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TrojanCatMan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My girlfriend would like to certify when Sports Chalet does their 2 scuba divers for the price of 1 deal. Sports Chalet does this deal somewhere around the end of summer as I recall. Essentially what would happen is you would sign up with her and save 1/2 the cost of your certification! She lives in the valley near the Burbank. Willing to travel to a Sports Chalet in the middle. Let me know if you are interested.

I'm not sure what the price has to do with the quality of instruction, but whatever.

TrojanCatMan, Sport Chalet is promoting scuba during the month of June. The special deal this time around isn't 2-for-1. Anyone who signs up for a class during June gets their rental gear for free. That's still a pretty good deal, and it doesn't require finding a "class buddy".

I just left a part-time position at the Valencia SC scuba shop and we were not offering the 2-4-1 deal or 1/2 price tuition this summer. Free rental for OW and free class materials for AOW are the only "deals" being offered at this time. Each of those saves you about $45.

TrojanCatMan:
My girlfriend would like to certify when Sports Chalet does their 2 scuba divers for the price of 1 deal. Sports Chalet does this deal somewhere around the end of summer as I recall. Essentially what would happen is you would sign up with her and save 1/2 the cost of your certification! She lives in the valley near the Burbank. Willing to travel to a Sports Chalet in the middle. Let me know if you are interested.

The two for one is in Nov. - dec months, when the water is coldest and fewer peopel are signing up for scuba classes. This means the instruction is better, as the SC classes are generally MUCH smaller.

Wish you guys great diving. The winter does offer the best vis :blinking:

Laurel

The 2 for 1 saves you a whopping $72.50. You still have to buy all the training materials for each person, along with everything else you need. The instruction is the same as any other class, the instructor still makes the same per-diver wage as always.

Just more info for the cost conscious:

Refer a buddy through a Sport Chalet class and you get a $75 gift card in the mail. I've referred at least 5 people and I always throw it back at them to help them offset the cost. You have to fill out the Buddy Referral Form when the class is bought.

Also, if you book 6 charters with them in a years time you get the 7th for free. They still charter the Spectre, Magician and the Great Escape.

Empty V:
I'm not quite sure if this is the right activity for him. I have yet to save ANY money since I started diving.

Billy

I loathe to think of my how much I have spent per dive! Thats why I try to do it as cheaply/SAFELY as possible. Now where is my drysuit... :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom