Visitor looking for Malibu dive buddy this week (or next)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

duckbill

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm in the area visiting my in-laws and would like to dive the Malibu area later this week (NOT weekend, if possible, to avoid the crowds), say Thursday or Friday, 7/13th or 14th. Otherwise, the beginning of next week may be a possibility as well. I'm especially interested in Wood's cove, but I'm game for anything Malibu has to offer. Someone very familiar with the area would be great. It will be my first time there. Any takers?

Update:
Still no dive buddy for Malibu. The dates I'm available at this point are
7/13, Thursday
7/18, Tuesday
7/19, Wednesday

Hi Scott,
Wood's Cove shows just north of Moss St. Beach and south of Cactus Pt. on both my AAA map and Laguna dive info paperwork a friend sent me (In fact, the paperwork was sent me from Dr. Sam Miller, one of the original, original CA divers in the 1950s-60s, and after whom there is a reef named at Wood's Cove- "Miller Reef"). Wood's Cove is at the base of Ruby St. Maybe it's known locally by a different name now.
Anyhow, thanks for the response. I hope I can get a chance to dive anywhere in Malibu while I'm here. We'll see. I guess the "weekday only" bit is making finding a buddy difficult.

Wood's Cove shows just north of Moss St. Beach and south of Cactus Pt. on both my AAA map and Laguna dive info paperwork a friend sent me (In fact, the paperwork was sent me from Dr. Sam Miller, one of the original, original CA divers in the 1950s-60s, and after whom there is a reef named at Wood's Cove- "Miller Reef"). Wood's Cove is at the base of Ruby St. Maybe it's known locally by a different name now.

Woods Cove and Moss St. Beach are in Laguna Beach, nowhere near Malibu. Wood's Cove is my favorite spot while in Laguna though.

My favorite spots in Malibu are Leo Carillo, Big Rock, and Los Tunas but there are lots of others. Sorry, can't make it during the week, have to work.

- MikeT

miket:
Woods Cove and Moss St. Beach are in Laguna Beach, nowhere near Malibu. Wood's Cove is my favorite spot while in Laguna though.

- MikeT

Mike! Big oops! Thanks for pointing that out. I must have had a brain fart when I originally posted this. I can't believe it. No wonder nobody was responding:(
Well, I guess I'll see what I can do to correct my blunder. Yes. Malibu. Definitely!
Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom