Crystal Cove....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TerryTat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My dive buddy and I are going to dive Crystal Cove in the next few weeks. We love Laguna... but we need a change.
I'm sure there are plenty of you who have dove there.
Can you offer us any insight on where some of the best places are to dive?
Thanks in Advance..
T

I have dove Reef Point, which is south Crystal Cove, also known as Scotchmans(?) Point. It should be done at high tide with minimal surf. The entry is difficult during low tide and high surf due to the rocks in the surf zone. The far wash reef is a very nice dive with some really cool structure in the 35-40' range. You may also find an old boat anchor from the 1800's.
Have fun and be carefull of the entry, you could break an ankle, or worse.

I forgot to mention the $10 parking and the 1/2 mile hike.:wink:

Crystal Cove is one of my most favorite places in the Laguna area. I second everything Robb said. It's often not diveable because it's totally exposed but when it's good,it's great. If you enter at Reef Point, be selective about where at Reef Point you enter. The far left is nothing but rock. There's an area more to the right where the rocks are more scattered, and there's actually somewhat of a sand pathway. Sorry, can't give you a more detailed description with actually being there. Just be careful and go when it's flat.

Kevin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom