Night Dive Wednesday - 7/26 in Malibu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Empty V:
Who's game for a night dive in Malibu Wednesday night? Lets say meet around 7:00-7:30, in the water by 8:00.

Billy

I am in! I......Need......To......Get......Wet

Rick

Man I would love to join. Rick we really need to dive together again. How long has it been, 2 months since the Peace?

Empty V:
Josh, how long do you think you can keep putting up posts talking about how much you would love to join but can't? It's time to start diving again. Fundees doesn't count as a pleasurabe dive.
Billy
Dunno.

Maybe it's like talking about boat diving and missing it.

Statute of limitations isn't part of the TOS. Neither is common sense.

Fundies counts more than you'll know from the sidelines. :D

Claudette

Hello all... I live in sherman oaks and am looking to start doing some more beach diving... Just curious what is your diving style...

I like to cruise at a pretty slow speed and really look around... I dont enjoy turbo swimming underwater... I also like to stay close to my buddy... For me its great if you decide who is going to be on the right and who is going to be on the left than you only have to look in one direction to check on your buddy... I like to Establish a dive plan and stick to it... While I never have had to use it, I like to reserve the right to call a dive at any time for any reason... I like to do a predive check...

Some of the above may sound obvious... But as someone who has been Buddied up with others on boat dives I have met a lot of divers that want to swim fast (and miss all the good stuff), Go deep not to see something but to get a number on their computer, not check on their buddy (ME) durring a whole dive, and not want to do a check or a plan before they get in the water. One guy even said to me lets just get down to the bottom and than we will figure it out...

I dont mean to sound uptight just want to be on the same page as others... What I want is not the right thing for everyone... Just the right thing for me...

J

PS Empty I like your last peice of dive gear listed

JMD123:
Hello all... I live in sherman oaks and am looking to start doing some more beach diving... Just curious what is your diving style...

I like to cruise at a pretty slow speed and really look around... I dont enjoy turbo swimming underwater... I also like to stay close to my buddy... For me its great if you decide who is going to be on the right and who is going to be on the left than you only have to look in one direction to check on your buddy... I like to Establish a dive plan and stick to it... While I never have had to use it, I like to reserve the right to call a dive at any time for any reason... I like to do a predive check...

Some of the above may sound obvious... But as someone who has been Buddied up with others on boat dives I have met a lot of divers that want to swim fast (and miss all the good stuff), Go deep not to see something but to get a number on their computer, not check on their buddy (ME) durring a whole dive, and not want to do a check or a plan before they get in the water. One guy even said to me lets just get down to the bottom and than we will figure it out...

I dont mean to sound uptight just want to be on the same page as others... What I want is not the right thing for everyone... Just the right thing for me...
This is the Right thing, JMD. The joy is in finding the right buddies, or investing in those that show promise and commitment in order to develop these essential skills in them and yourself.

You have written a wonderful description of a solid and rewarding dive buddy.

Teammate, actually. Maybe even partner.

Only "buddy" ever has the dreaded word "instant" attached to the front end.

Get this first part right, and the fun keeps growing.

Splash in together.
No chaos underwater.
Lots of fun.
Come home happy.

Happy diving, and come on in to meet the SoCal beach divers... we're everywhere!

Claudette

Empty V:
Josh, how long do you think you can keep putting up posts talking about how much you would love to join but can't? It's time to start diving again.
Billy

Actually, what I meant to say was

Hey Rick,

Too bad Billy's going, otherwise the drive up there would be worth it :mooner:

JMD123:

J

Your description sounds like a perfect dive scenario to me. I can't speak for anyone but myself, that in my opinion is the ideal dive situation to be in. We might do a fairly easy dive Wednesday night. So if you don't have a lot of night diving experience, this could be a good one.

I think we're going to make a weekly dive out of this. Every Wednesday night in Malibu, if conditions permit of course. If anyone is interested in this idea, please let me know.

JMD123:
PS Empty I like your last peice of dive gear listed

I would like it too if it didn't cost so much and take so long to completely replace an engine.

Billy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom