San Diego Area Snorkeling from Shore?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gregor1234

Reaction score
My son and a few of his friends are going to SanDiego this next week. They will be going on-the-heap and my son is the only diver among them.

My son say they might like to go snorkeling one or twice.

1) What are the shore snorkeling options in the San Diego area?

2) What is the vis and surface temp this time of year.

Several years ago I went snorkeling in La Jolla. The water was a balmy 66 F and the vis was near 30 ft. I had a ball.

I 2nd La Jolla Cove. Fairly shallow - 20 ft average. Can have decent viz - 15-30 ft. Surface temp can range anywhere from mid 60s to high 70s depending on what the weather and wind is doing. La Jolla Cove is also sometimes closed due to wind/surf.

Go to the Marine Room area for snorkeling- lots or rays, leopard sharks and other fun stuff. There is tons of life in less than 20 ft and the surface temp a few weeks ago was around 71 deg.

Try Sunset Cliffs off of Point Loma...lots of reefs , easy access , great vis, ( usually) , plenty to see, stay close to shore to avoid the surfers... see ya` under

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom