Dive Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tresguey

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am a beginner looking to find a dive buddy in So Cali. All my freinds are to scared to get into this. i would like to get into more of a shore diving thing. And soon would like to get into uw pics. I live in the riverside area. hit me up if anyone would like to dive.

I'm not specifically familiar with riverside... but there has to be dive clubs! Dive clubs are a great way to make buddies. Another way is to continue your education and meet people in your class! Another possibility is to just sign on to a charter, its not the easiest way to get a regular buddy but it can work. ScubaBoard always has things going on... this is another great resource for buddies.

Here is a great resource for dive clubs, charters etc.
http://www.ladiver.com/

Happy Diving!

Hey Tresquey,

I'm looking to go Sunday or Monday morning. PM me if your interested, and we'll set it up!

Tom

Yo, welcome to the best board around dude! (sorry, flashbacks of Fast Times)

Anyway, seriously, this is the most awesome sport and most of us are really friendly. :wink: In addition to hooking up with individuals and the Wrinkles Shore or Mo2vation boat dives, do check out the dive clubs. The Inland Empire Dive Club is pretty big - it used to be sponsered by Sport Chalet, so you can ask your local SC for their contact info. Also, talk to the shop you certified through or brought gear from. They should have plenty of ideas.

One great FREE group is the South Coast Divers (SCD -southcoastdivers.com). Rich Parker runs the thing, but basically, everyone just meets up at Laguna Hills Mall on Sat mornings to dive and/or eat and socialize. Loads of fun, great people, and they pride themselves on helping newbie divers to get more comfortable in the water. I started diving with them when I had less than 40 dives and still do when I can.

Hope to see you IN the water. :blinking:

thanks for the advice. i really enjoyed my first few dives and really wanna continue....Tom PM sent.

Yeah, i always though Spicloi was way out there like me....lol....just wantin to have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom