Awsome visibility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ItsBruce

Contributor
Reaction score
I wasn't in the water this weekend, but will be diving in Catalina next weekend (11/25 or 26). Anyone want to go? I expect the vis to be awsome. Today, I was out sailing and as I crossed over the anchor line of the race committee boat, I had the opportunity to look down the anchor line. It was in 70 feet of water and I could see just about to the chain ... which I figure was at 50 to 60 feet. That means 50 to 60 foot visibility. It also means I'm going diving next weekend. Probably Catalina. I'm checking on what boats are available.

we musthave been at different marinelands today. it did have really good potintial though...

Yeah, we probably were at different Marinelands, since I kayak dove a spot up around the corner, nearer the lighthouse. It was a lot farther than the beach diving spots.

Also, what time did you go? I did my dive around 10-11am, and then did a 2nd normal beach dive at the cove around 1pm and it was maybe 10 feet viz at best.

But you should have seen that first site... wow!

ahh, we were in the water at about 11:30. I think the vis is better farther out but i haven't been there yet.

I did fly over today and i could see deeper than i have ever been able to. The vis is definitly getting better! i am guessing at least 40'. I also saw a whale and about 3 billion (a rough estimate) dolphins about 3 SSW of pt vincente light house.

ItsBruce:
I wasn't in the water this weekend, but will be diving in Catalina next weekend (11/25 or 26). Anyone want to go? I expect the vis to be awsome. Today, I was out sailing and as I crossed over the anchor line of the race committee boat, I had the opportunity to look down the anchor line. It was in 70 feet of water and I could see just about to the chain ... which I figure was at 50 to 60 feet. That means 50 to 60 foot visibility. It also means I'm going diving next weekend. Probably Catalina. I'm checking on what boats are available.

I hope it is better than this past Saturday. It looked like it should have been great, but between the fog and the stuff, viz on our last dive (Stoney Point) was only about 20ft.

If anyone is interested, I'm diving Sunday out of Marina Del Rey on Giant Stride. We're talking about PV. There is probably a spot or 2 open. I hate to miss the possibility of such great viz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom