Where is the cheapest and fast place to get Certified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aaah another diver that will pass me by. Fast, cheap, all that's important. Oh well.

Taking off on an old theme.....fast, cheap or good, you can only have 2.

Now, if by FAST you mean "all the time that it takes for you to master the necessary skills to be a good, safe diver, but no more so";

AND

if by CHEAP, you mean "a fair price for the value delivered by the person who is instructing you on how to keep from killing your self"

THEN send me a PM.

Sport Chalet is more than reasonable as far as California prices.. they often have sales and discounts during the off season... I would worry more about the quality of instruction out there than being able to do it "on the cheap"

read these threads:

Lost Diver at Catalina

Lost Diver in Puget Sound

And most important have you read this?

To those considering an OW class....

I don't know your answer, but if I did I would warn you about them.

Are you sure you want to use those words? Those words are actually a little too close to actually meeting high standards :wink:

shakeybrainsurgeon:
fast and cheap ... shouldn't the words "good" or "adequate" enter the lexicon here somewhere too?

My ex wife was fast and cheap. Some say she had low standards but.......

OK OK OK i take it back. Let me explain.
i want a REASONABLE price. sports chalet's price seems fine to me BUT they dont offer a condenced class that i can find. i dont want to take a month long drawn out class. i wanna finish in a week or two (over christmas) thats the other problem, SC doesnt have any classes scheduled that are offered after i get out of school and before the first of the year.
I guess FAST wasnt the best word, i just wanna go more than once a week.
OK NOW any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom