Anyone get thier cert here or hear anything about it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i did my open water training at pacific wildeness in san pedro. they are sister shops. i haven't been to the orange shop but i am sure they are of the same great quality. If it is convient for you go for it! I recomend them!

I did my Open Water training a year ago at Pacific Wilderness in Orange. I was pleased with their program and would recommend them.

I earned my OW and advanced certifications through this shop. Tony was my instructor and did a nice job.

I switched, however, over to Laguna Sea Sports for all my other certifications. They do about the best job I've seen of teaching open water students. Unlike most other shops (including PW), LSS has students do two separate beach entry/exit/snorkeling skill sessions BEFORE having students enter the ocean in full scuba. Also, in their 3-weekend OW class LSS does about the best job of "spreading" the pool sessions out. Professional teachers call this "distributed learning" and research has shown that it's a better approach for teaching technique skills. My OW class with PW had only one all-day pool session, and I never really learned beach entry and exit skills....our beach session happened on a "no surf" day. This left me to learn entrys and exits the hard (and somewhat embarassing) way.

In all candor, I have to admit that I teach (although rarely) for LSS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom