Another BFB Extravaganza, Farnsworth 10 June. . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Archangel

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
On Ray's Sundiver. . .

The best dang Captain on the Best Dang Boat in all of San Pedro/Long Beach:D

Like all Barefoot Blue Charters the MAGIC will again happen, the magic will continue

Click Here for Ken's schweet recommendation!

We have six seats left, I promise fun, merriment, a heck of a time, all the best, and prettiest, and sharpest SB'ers have signed up and will be there.

Sorta like a carnival on the open ocean.

OK, Im getting ahead of myself.

Cost $139.97

Want to sleep on the boat, you gotta ping me, bunks are scarce. . . tho' I will do my best to make you feel well taken care of.

And Lori is DiveMaster. . . . :yl2jump:

PM me here, or email me at admin@barefootblue.com

You satisfaction guaranteed or DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK!

Well not really, but you get the point.

Tevis:10:
The towel guy

So Mr Tevis DIR Diver.... Can you enlighten me as to the specifics of Farnsworth Banks? Is this on the "back" side of Catalina? If so, whats the swell like while on the boat getting ready to get wet?

Name the prettiest SB'ers...

SoCalMike... Farnsworth Bank is a pinnacle (or series of them) rising from several hundred feet to about 60 fsw at the shallowest point. It is located about 1 1/2 miles off Catalina's windward coast in the vicinity of Ben Weston Beach. My favorite dive on Catalina and one of the most awesome dives in California IMHO. You can see ANYTHING here (except trumpetfish, angelfish and other tropicals!)... and I mean anything.

Tevis....Are we gonna have a rock band on board for post-diving entertainment this time. And wine and cheese. And...and.......aw, never mind. I'll just eat your candy bars until I puke instead. The last trip was great....stellar in fact. But I'll opt out if you'll really double my money.

C.U. Soon
Kevin

That's a great deal for Farnsworth Bank and I've heard only good things about the Sundiver

I'm hoping to have my AOW cert by then. If I don't, can I count this as one of my deep dives and have you sign my log book?

Sorry, I won't be able to make this trip, Tevis.

However, I would highly recommend this trip to others. Farnsworth is a world class dive destination, the Sundiver and crew are top notch, Barefoot Blue puts on an excellent gig. You'll have a great time.

SoCalMike:
So Mr Tevis DIR Diver.... Can you enlighten me as to the specifics of Farnsworth Banks? Is this on the "back" side of Catalina? If so, whats the swell like while on the boat getting ready to get wet?
My friend Mike! :D

So good to hear from you my compadre. . . . First, all of what Dr. Bill said, and here is a good site with pics of PURPLE HYDROCORAL that you can ONLY see at FB

http://www.saintbrendan.com/cdnnov00/catlna11.html

Swell, not so bad, or horrendous, depends on luck of the draw! Last time we went, optimal conditions getting in, and got kind of rough getting out, so we moved to equally beautiful spots.

My dear friend Kevin chronicles the day here:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=2690447&postcount=39

Mike, I will PM you and tempt you with more BFB goodies!

drbill:
Name the prettiest SB'ers...
Morning my curious friend!

Well, to start off, we have the gorgeous XXXX, and the ever so delicious XXXXXX. . .

Dr. Bill, you ask me to breach the golden rule!

Never do we tempt the Goddess of the Sea . . . .

BFB follows strickly, '. . . . what happens on the boat, stays on the boat!':wink:

scubacalifornia:
Tevis....Are we gonna have a rock band on board for post-diving entertainment this time.
My dear friend, and most thoughtful brother. . .

Thinking more of a Jazz band, as BFB is Crazy-Sexy-Cool :crafty:

scubacalifornia:
And wine and cheese. And...and.......aw, never mind. I'll just eat your candy bars until I puke instead. The last trip was great....stellar in fact.
. . . to ensure the merriment, the laughs, and debauchery, we have the most delicious SoCalAngel Laurel on this voyage as our resident Entertainment Director!

Dr. Bill. . . . hint, hint. . .:wink:

Kevfin:
That's a great deal for Farnsworth Bank and I've heard only good things about the Sundiver

I'm hoping to have my AOW cert by then. If I don't, can I count this as one of my deep dives and have you sign my log book?
(we ALWAYS get one of these) Awright, do you have a shorkle, no getting on the boat without a shorkle (that is a looong garden hose size snorkle), and an SS1, and a whistle, and a safety sausage, and a small inflatable boat . . . .

(disclaimer-Kev is my team mate, and well just a bit on the whacky side :mooner:)

Rick my dear team mate and friend, your presence will be missed, we will pour glass of the sweet Pina Colada into the ocean in remembrance of you.

Thanks for all the warm responses my friends, I PROMISE this is going to be a trip to remember. . . until the next one:blinking:

T
the sherpa!

This will be my first BFB trip and I am jazzed to the fullest. I know some of the attendees and hope to not look too stroke-aliscious in front of the real men. Bringing the 95's with 28 for dive one...and will adjust accordingly afterwards. Sleepin on the boat Saturday as its a long way back home from Laguna to just get up and come back.

See you all there.

Terry

Tevis, sorry I can't make this one, but the daughter is graduating college, so I need to see where all that money went to. I'm on the Sundiver the 9th though, so I'll leave a little something extra for you in your bunk :eyebrow:

And remember because Farnsworth is a deep dive you need at least a 30ft snorkel.

As anyone who has been on a BFB extravaganza (to call it just a charter would be an insult) will tell you, it is a trip to be remembered for all the right reasons. Just sit back, relax, and let "Sweet T" and the great Sundiver crew take care of biz for you. Sorry I'm going to miss this one. The last trip was great, and there were no problems for those of us who got wet early. :D

First, folks we have a bon-e-fied celebrity on this EXTRAVAGANZA. Y'all know that Terry is the MAN! Thanks, for joining us, I promise that this will be the bee all end all of BFB trips. . . surprises are DEFINITELY in store!

My dear friend Mike, YOU WILL BE MISSED! Congrats on your Daughter now being thrust into the working world. . . .
Man, you are part and parcel of the MAGIC that happened last time. . .we will limp on without you. . . Also pouring a glass of the schweet Pina Colada in the ocean for you also.

Tevis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom